Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Calismum
Scotland
Calismum is female  Calismum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2009, 11:07 PM

Re: The Jeep I restored last year

Wow - what a difference. It looks fantastic.
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2010, 11:10 AM

Barbie's been a bit naughty lately . . after long runs she's been misfiring slightly . . after a lot of prodding and testing it's her fuel pump that's working on reduced power, she needs a heart transplant.

I phoned the dealers and got a price for a new petrol pump . . . they want £410 . . . they can stuff it . . I'll go and get one from a scrap yard . . . are the Japanese trying to balance their national budget ?
scrabblemad
leicester uk
scrabblemad is female  scrabblemad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2010, 12:15 PM

I want that car- I want it now!!!!
You have done a wonderful make-over there Nero, you should be proud of yourself!
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2010, 03:01 PM

Alas . . . no pump, I scoured the scrap yard top to bottom and all the pumps in cars nowadays are internal ones, they're inside the fuel tanks . . . . sodditt.
jj'sgirl
Kent UK
jj'sgirl is female  jj'sgirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2010, 08:39 PM

Wow that is impressive..

My son is a mechanic and a VW freak he is restoring a mark 1 golf at the moment
nero
Central Scotland

21-05-2010, 02:27 AM

Barbie sings again . . . she's got a new heart-beat with a replacement pump . . . it was a pure pig to fit . . got drowned in petrol twice laying underneath fitting the thing . . . she's also had a complete face lift . . a re-spray, and her wheels are tarted up . . . aint no stopping her now.
nero
Central Scotland

28-05-2010, 11:41 AM

A week ago after fitting the replacement pump she was fine . . . then 3 days later that misfire appeared again . . . drat, and double drat . . . after 4 days of trial and error replacing sensors here and there the problem is now solved . . I think.

I split apart the ECU and saw 3 dry solder joints on the circuit board . . . 3 dabs with the soldering iron did the trick apparently . . she ran great last night . . . I have 2 spare ECU's collected from scrap yards and although Diahatsu have changed the design most of the components are the same internally . . . if I have any future problems with it I can replace any faulty components from one of the spare ECU's.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2010, 12:09 PM

Well done, Denis, you certainly made a great job of restoration there! Looks brilliant.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2010, 01:53 PM

I'm glad you and Barbie are both happy again, Nero!
nero
Central Scotland

29-05-2010, 09:30 AM

She has a clean bill of health . . . . whilst thrashing her down the motorway yesterday she never missed a beat . . . she was doing 110 miles an hour too.

Still not sure what was amiss though . . a combination of the ECU board and a particular sensor could've been the problem but what the hell . . . all's well that ends well eh.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top