Join for free
Page 3 of 55 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 > Last »
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 09:54 AM

Re: The Aftermath of the referendum

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Salmond was on the radio in the early morning saying a case for a second referendum now made.
I think he lives and breathes Scottish Independence and will always be wanting it, Nicola is not so hot headed and will (in my opinion) not be bullied into anything unless she's ready. But I expect it is more likely to be put into the starting gear again. There's a lot of pissed off Scots on the Radio the now. I was surprised to hear the Greens going on about it though (indy ref 2) .. I voted leave by the way...

Before you ask, Yes I vote for Scottish Independence last time and would do so again..
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 09:57 AM

I think we are in for a lot of turmoil Roxy, but with a 2 year out planned, haste would be a bad move.
graculus
Yorkshire
graculus is male  graculus has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
They can't take away laws already in use and I can't see public workers standing still while the infrastructures of education and health are taken from us either. We just have to stand by them and help them protect those things and not believe the hype that everyone should only fight work for them selves.
With the right wing of the Tory party in charge they most certainly won't hesitate to repeal laws. As for public infrastructures they are already on that road and it will probably now accelerate; look at the plan to force all schools to become academies. As for standing up to them, it just hasn't had any effect, they just ignore any opposition or contrary views, just remember how Gove acted when he was in charge of education. In many ways I don't have a problem with leaving the EU, but I do have a big problem with those who will be in charge and what they will do to the country now they have been handed the opportunity. I don't believe for one moment that the money that will be saved from Europe will be spent on public services as they promised. This could also possibly lead to the break up of the UK with Scotland and Northern Ireland voting to leave in order to stay in the EU.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 09:59 AM

Yes I think so too Nom, Another surprise on the radio just now is some people are thinking Theresa May could be next PM.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 10:00 AM

SNP already wanting another leave referendum for Scotland.
I understand if Scotland has another referendum and gains independence then joins the EU in its own right it will have to adopt the Euro as do all new entrants. That could make crossing the border difficult with two different currencies.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by graculus ->
With the right wing of the Tory party in charge they most certainly won't hesitate to repeal laws. As for public infrastructures they are already on that road and it will probably now accelerate; look at the plan to force all schools to become academies. As for standing up to them, it just hasn't had any effect, they just ignore any opposition or contrary views, just remember how Gove acted when he was in charge of education. In many ways I don't have a problem with leaving the EU, but I do have a big problem with those who will be in charge and what they will do to the country now they have been handed the opportunity. I don't believe for one moment that the money that will be saved from Europe will be spent on public services as they promised. This could also possibly lead to the break up of the UK with Scotland and Northern Ireland voting to leave in order to stay in the EU.
They won't be in long enough if we all start voting more responsibly and realise people need help and kids need education and we have to pay for that.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 10:01 AM

We need someone from the 'leave' campaign to do this, hopefully 'not' Boris who could not organise his own lunch
Dan Hannan would be great
I heard that the 'leavers' will be in on the negotiations while Cameron is still at the helm, that's something
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.

24-06-2016, 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I understand if Scotland has another referendum and gains independence then joins the EU in its own right it will have to adopt the Euro as do all new entrants. That could make crossing the border difficult with two different currencies.
As much as I long for Scottish Independence, I would not want to be dragged back into the EU.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 10:05 AM

I agree patsy it has to be a leaver or no one will believe they are trying their best.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 10:06 AM

Pleased to see Cameron going and I am sure Osborne will be on his way to the back benches shortly.

Corbyn will I think be ousted too if there is a smell of an election in the offing, he had power handed to him on a plate had he stuck to his principles and gone for 'leave' .
Now he is an ineffectual liability.

Page 3 of 55 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top