Join for free
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2016, 01:13 PM

Who In Your Opinion Is The Most Wooden/Bad Actor Or Actress?

Past or present, which actor/s or actress/s would you class as being wooden or really bad?

I always thought Ronald Allen who was in Crossroads and Compact (do you remember that series?!) was a wooden actor.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2016, 01:21 PM

Re: Who In Your Opinion Is The Most Wooden/Bad Actor Or Actress?

Ben Miller? I like `Death in paradise` but cannot wait for a re-run without him.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2016, 01:23 PM

We do not refer to `compact` that would show our age.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2016, 01:23 PM

I know he is famous But I always think Michael Cane is a poor actor.

Any actor who makes me conscious of the fact that this is someone acting a part and not real life and there are a few of those including Mo who was in Eastenders when I used to watched it .
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs

14-08-2016, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I know he is famous But I always think Michael Cane is a poor actor.

Any actor who makes me conscious of the fact that this is someone acting a part and not real life and there are a few including Mo who used to be in Eastenders when I watched it .

That`s interesting I always thought he was at his best in The Muppets Christmas Carol
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2016, 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by Older git ->
That`s interesting I always thought he was at his best in The Muppets Christmas Carol
Not sure if that is a compliment or a criticism Stephan . I don't watch the Muppets so haven't seen that programme .
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs

14-08-2016, 01:36 PM

It was a compliment to him. The best scrooge I have ever seen.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2016, 02:04 PM

The laziest and imho has to be Sean Connery.
Not even an attempt at a Russian accent in Hunt for Red October.

The most wooden actors for me are Bill & Ben followed closely by the girl that plays Izzy in Coronation Street.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2016, 02:05 PM

Michael Gambon is dreadful - he tries to deliver his lines without ever opening his mouth and I have seen slugs moving with more panache!

Judi Dench - sorry - but she only ever plays Judi Dench !

Michael Caine, John Wayne, Humphrey Bogart, William Roach - also only ever played themselves
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2016, 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Past or present, which actor/s or actress/s would you class as being wooden or really bad?

I always thought Ronald Allen who was in Crossroads and Compact (do you remember that series?!) was a wooden actor.
I loved Ronald Allen, he was gorgeous. I used to watch Compact avidly just to look at him.

I don't think a lot of it is the actors, sometimes it's the direction they get from the director that's at fault.
Wooden actors, going on Tpins observations are the whole of the Thunderbirds crew.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top