Join for free
Page 14 of 17 « First < 4 12 13 14 15 16 > Last »
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2016, 12:14 PM

Re: BREXIT: The Facts Behind EU Propaganda

Originally Posted by Barry ->
All this financial debate is fine, but the issue of leaving the EU was, for me, much more important than that. It was about freedom.

The EU is all about control of the masses by a political elite. It was sold to us initially as a trading partnership, but that was the first lie of many from a political class which all along had greater plans. Now, thanks to a succession of similarly minded governments and politicians, we were being ever more ensnared into an uncontollable, anaccountable behemoth of an organisation which will eventually rush headlong into an oblivion of it's own making. This is already happening as populations find their countries and traditions being changed beyond recognition by the actions of a remote elite and will inevitably rise up as we have done, and what with that and the ever downward spiral of the disastrous Euro currency project, the end of the EU is surely in sight and good riddance to it.

Whilst it's true we may be poorer for a while we will eventually reap the huge rewards of being our own masters, but what price freedom?
Exactly.

My reasons for voting to leave the Empire are the same as yours. This country has survived far worse economic problems than what the scaremongers are promising. In fact, the more I hear from the likes of B Liar and Major, the more determined I am in my intentions and I suspect that other 'leavers' feel the same way, so the remainiac scare stories are probably having exactly the opposite effect to what they hope for. In fact, the involvement of B Liar, bearing in mind the disgust so many people feel for him, is hopefully going to make the most ardent remainiacs think again.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2016, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by Asia ->
You’re the one who implied I personally couldn’t face austerity
I must say, you don’t come across as friendly, at all. Concentrate on the thread and not the poster? Should a newcomer be having to say that? Within a few days, this first thread has 13 pages, 126 replies, nearly two thousand views and top of the hottest threads this week. Not bad for someone who doesn’t know what they’re talking about?
Asia on the contrary, I never mentioned you in the my post quoting Muddy, you took it upon yourself to assume I did when you were not even in my thoughts in my generalisation .

I agree concentrate on the topic not the poster, you didn't and I merely responded.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2016, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
All this financial debate is fine, but the issue of leaving the EU was, for me, much more important than that. It was about freedom.

The EU is all about control of the masses by a political elite. It was sold to us initially as a trading partnership, but that was the first lie of many from a political class which all along had greater plans. Now, thanks to a succession of similarly minded governments and politicians, we were being ever more ensnared into an uncontollable, anaccountable behemoth of an organisation which will eventually rush headlong into an oblivion of it's own making. This is already happening as populations find their countries and traditions being changed beyond recognition by the actions of a remote elite and will inevitably rise up as we have done, and what with that and the ever downward spiral of the disastrous Euro currency project, the end of the EU is surely in sight and good riddance to it.

Whilst it's true we may be poorer for a while we will eventually reap the huge rewards of being our own masters, but what price freedom?
Barry I think many of our age group who voted to leave feel exactly the same .
None of us know for sure how our decision to leave will affect us but the majority of leave voters in the referendum to whom I have spoken were willing to take a chance to see if we could bring about a change for the better.

I have no illusion that it will be easy in coming years and I am not burying my head in the sand with regards to the previous failing of our politicions and industries but I think we now have to but that behind us and stop talking this country down or listening to those who wish so to do.
Asia
Inner Mongolia, China
Asia is male 

25-11-2016, 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Asia on the contrary, I never mentioned you in the my post quoting Muddy, you took it upon yourself to assume I did when you were not even in my thoughts in my generalisation .

I agree concentrate on the topic not the poster, you didn't and I merely responded.
It’s very obvious who you implied.

So far and it’s early days, but I’ve sensed a few personal attacks and a small clique forming, which is probably par for the course. Your continuing badly disguised comments however are the worst and as a moderator, you really should know better.

Some people are interested in alternative views, aside from the usual mundane and the forum could certainly do with some fresh blood. Mine is a BREXIT thread, not one of your personal likes and dislikes of people. If you want to discuss politics and/or know anything about the outside world be my guest, if not, please may I politely ask you to stop your personal comments thread disruption and with that, can we please get on with it.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

25-11-2016, 12:48 PM

It’s very obvious who you implied.

So far and it’s early days, but I’ve sensed a few personal attacks and a small clique forming, which is probably par for the course. Your continuing badly disguised comments however are the worst and as a moderator, you really should know better.

Some people are interested in alternative views, aside from the usual mundane and the forum could certainly do with some fresh blood. Mine is a BREXIT thread, not one of your personal likes and dislikes of people. If you want to discuss politics and/or know anything about the outside world be my guest, if not, please may I politely ask you to stop your personal comments thread disruption and with that, can we please get on with it.
Please feel free to report me to Admin if you feel that my Moderating skills are lacking, you can do so using the 'Feedback' option thanks. I am a member here first and formost just like yourself and my Moderating is seperate from by personal opinions.
Asia
Inner Mongolia, China
Asia is male 

25-11-2016, 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Please feel free to report me to Admin if you feel that my Moderating skills are lacking, you can do so using the 'Feedback' option thanks. I am a member here first and formost just like yourself and my Moderating is seperate from by personal opinions.
No one is questioning your moderator skills and a thread is not the place to be discussing that, as you well know yourself, so why mention it.

I am questioning your thread disruption using the poster and his location and not the topic. Again, I’d ask you politely to discuss what the thread is about on the first page and engage me on that and not make further comments about me personally
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

25-11-2016, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by Asia
Your continuing badly disguised comments however are the worst and as a moderator, you really should know better.
No one is questioning your moderator skills and a thread is not the place to be discussing that, as you well know yourself, so why mention it.

I am questioning your thread disruption using the poster and his location and not the topic. Again, I’d ask you politely to discuss what the thread is about on the first page and engage me on that and not make further comments about me personally
No response from me Asia some posts are not worthy of one.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2016, 01:23 PM

Hint taken Meg.

I spent 11 years in the Forces (inc Northern Ireland and BAOR) while you were buying clothes on ebay - I still carry the physical scars. When is the last time you faced petrol bombs, Meg? Later, I travelled and lived in places that you’ve never heard of and didn’t need the welfare state to hold my hand. I managed because I had something you’ve never had; self-reliance and self-determination.

I tell you like it is Meg and not the fantasy of growing tulips and reading the Daily Mail.
Stern stuff my backside!
Yes we all had it hard, not many silver spoons around in the area I spent my youth in either. Don’t tell me what others have done in a cosseted welfare state. You’re the one who implied I personally couldn’t face austerity, not my dad, or your relatives. I wonder why you chose to make this personal, or as someone pointed out, you’ll learn to separate the wheat from the chaff?

I must say, you don’t come across as friendly, at all. Concentrate on the thread and not the poster? [B]Should a newcomer be having to say that? Within a few days, this first thread has 13 pages, 126 replies, nearly two thousand views and top of the hottest threads this week. Not bad for someone who doesn’t know what they’re talking about?

Having read through the posts, I would just like to say that Meg seemed to be defending her country, which isn't surprising considering the title of this thread.
The above posts by Asia seem to suggest that he was attacking the poster, rather than the post, in both highlighted quotes.
This is a great forum, where even those who complain about the rules still choose to remain, so can I suggest, Asia, that you learn a little more about it before making angry attacks. I am sure you will find many interesting debates on here, but I have always personally found that it is much easier if you understand the angle that the opposing views are coming from. Where I was taught how to debate, they always said it was better to understand the oppositions reasoning, if you wanted to oppose it well. That is why I find it wrong, to totally base your position on computer links, which after all, are just other people's opinions!
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2016, 01:28 PM

Hi again Asia,please continue - you are like a breath of fresh air and just what this country and website needs. 'We' appreciate your involvement as a new member and your ability to 'call it as you see it'.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2016, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Having read through the posts, I would just like to say that Meg seemed to be defending her country, which isn't surprising considering the title of this thread.
The above posts by Asia seem to suggest that he was attacking the poster, rather than the post, in both highlighted quotes.
This is a great forum, where even those who complain about the rules still choose to remain, so can I suggest, Asia, that you learn a little more about it before making angry attacks. I am sure you will find many interesting debates on here, but I have always personally found that it is much easier if you understand the angle that the opposing views are coming from. Where I was taught how to debate, they always said it was better to understand the oppositions reasoning, if you wanted to oppose it well. That is why I find it wrong, to totally base your position on computer links, which after all, are just other people's opinions!
See my bold.
I have to correct you Twink...those who question the Rules or even refer to them on the open forum now get a ban.

This will no doubt earn me a second ban.

But in all fairness it must be said.

Page 14 of 17 « First < 4 12 13 14 15 16 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top