Join for free
Page 5 of 17 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 15 > Last »
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2016, 12:13 AM

Re: BREXIT: The Facts Behind EU Propaganda

There are no gay pride marches here, no welfare dependency and as for safety, I can walk down any street, in any city, day or night with no problem. Yes, we’re thoroughly vetted, but that’s another story
..and don't even whisper Tiananmen Square ....
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2016, 12:15 AM

Or freedom of expression and god forbid Taiwan and Hong Kong
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2016, 12:19 AM

Originally Posted by Asia ->
Let’s take a brief walk through this.

A nineteen thirties depression followed by a war, which slaughtered tens of millions.

The colonies begin to win their independence, which provided the cheap materials to fuel the industrial revolution. No problem, as courtesy of the war dead, there’s plenty of work available. Britain even had to import workers from the Caribbean and with a National Insurance scheme, everyone’s happy.

That’s the generation we grew up in. With a still war battered Germany and Japan there wasn’t really much competition anyway and China was having its own problems with their great leap forward and Cultural Revolution.

Enter the 70s and with a new generation entering the labour force and the industrial rise of Japan and Germany, the UK has to start to compete and it can’t. Remember Scargill, Livingston, Red Robbo, the sick man of Europe, national strikes . . . At this stage, an honest government would have warned the country what was going to happen. Conversely, the Americans made a treaty with the OPEC countries guaranteeing security in exchange for using the Ponzi scheme $US (which they take a commission from) and who in turn, provided protection. The countries, who recently abandoned the dollar, Libya, Iraq and Syria, all felt the wrath of America, as currently are China and Russia, who are now surrounded by NATO.

Enter the 80s and Thatcher sold off the uncompetitive heavy industries to raise cash. Followed by Blair and left with an industrial wasteland, floods the economy with borrowed money, which gave the false sense of prosperity, until 2008. Note how Blair scarpered and gave over power to dopey Brown, the greatest Chancellor in history, he who had solved the capitalist cycles of boom and bust? Blair already knew what was going to happen. In comes Cameron and with no heavy industries left, mass unemployment and currently £1 trillion in debt and rising, has no options left but to talk of Dave’s big society and tell everyone it’s OK. When people complain of cut backs, austerity measures and privatisation, they’re all warnings that the days of entitlement are coming to an end. Cameron recently, deep down, probably breathed a sigh of relief that he’s now out of it all.

What you’re now seeing is a bankrupt economy, run as a banking service industry, which refuses to go into liquidation. In the UK, when government welfare stops, the revolution begins.

I didn’t choose Inner Mongolia, it chose me. We’re head hunted by recruitment agencies often working for governments; it’s how we find work in Asia. Forget the western hype, China is more capitalist that the west and extremely conservative. There are no gay pride marches here, no welfare dependency and as for safety, I can walk down any street, in any city, day or night with no problem. Yes, we’re thoroughly vetted, but that’s another story
So what are you saying Asia that you are sitting pretty in your nouveau riche tightly controlled state while we are struggling in a dying economy but there is a glimmer of hope for us with our departure from the corrupt gravy train that is the EU....
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2016, 12:28 AM

Does the poster have an agenda I wonder.....mmmm?
Currently China are having to face up to the fact they need the West to buy their crap goods because if the west's economies sink without trace , so does their economic miracle. And with 2.5 million people entering the job market every 10 minutes, ( I made that up, but it's still a lot) its either economic miracle or a quick invasion of India, Japan and Korea. So let's not be too smug in our perfect Communist world comrade
Asia
Inner Mongolia, China
Asia is male 

24-11-2016, 01:04 AM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
And your politics are?
I gather that all internet traffic in China is monitored and regulated by the authorities and anyone stepping outside the rules is dealt with quite severely.so in effect you are controlled and have very little freedom in which to express yourself truthfully ?
I’m expressing myself here I think, quite adequately. I can discuss politics and racism quite openly in China, topics I would have to tread very warily about in the UK. What is censored in China is an attempt to proselytize, but religious freedom is allowed.

China on course to become 'world's most Christian nation' within 15 years

What’s going on in the west is looked on with horror in much of the rest of the world.

The other censorship is criticism, or overthrow of government and it’s why Facebook and Twitter are banned, to keep the population away from the social chaos of western ideals. Russia is the same. Don’t believe everything you read in the mass media
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2016, 01:14 AM

Forget the western hype, China is more capitalist that the west and extremely conservative. There are no gay pride marches here, no welfare dependency and as for safety, I can walk down any street, in any city, day or night with no problem. Yes, we’re thoroughly vetted, but that’s another story
It sounds like you're being got at, Asia!

I like the sound of China, from what you say, especially the freedom to walk anywhere in safety. Something that I'm afraid isn't always possible in this country.

I've never been to China, but I have heard about people going on holiday there and finding it a friendly and welcoming place.

Yes, Tiananman Square (?spelling) has been mentioned, but what about the rioting we've had in recent years, people having their properties destroyed and buildings being burnt down.

In some ways China is a paradise compared to parts of Britain!
Asia
Inner Mongolia, China
Asia is male 

24-11-2016, 02:05 AM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
Does the poster have an agenda I wonder.....mmmm?
Currently China are having to face up to the fact they need the West to buy their crap goods because if the west's economies sink without trace , so does their economic miracle. And with 2.5 million people entering the job market every 10 minutes, ( I made that up, but it's still a lot) its either economic miracle or a quick invasion of India, Japan and Korea. So let's not be too smug in our perfect Communist world comrade
Yes, the ‘crap goods’ is where the money came from as you bought cheap foreign at the expense of your own products, which are taxed sky high to subsidise a welfare society (which is why they’re cheap) and are probably left wondering why what’s left of your industrial base has collapsed. It’s not boasting, it’s telling you like it is.

400 British citizens emigrate every day

Don’t forget Rehab 44, that the last time China invaded anyone was centuries ago, but meanwhile the US and/or its allies have invaded, bombed or subverted 34 countries in the last couple of decades. Just as you’ve been told Russia was supposed to be invading the Baltics, soon, maybe, later; invading Korea, India or Taiwan isn’t happening either, is it.

Smugness isn’t a term I’d use, but safe and secure from a collapsing west? Yes, certainly.
Asia
Inner Mongolia, China
Asia is male 

24-11-2016, 02:08 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
It sounds like you're being got at, Asia!

I like the sound of China, from what you say, especially the freedom to walk anywhere in safety. Something that I'm afraid isn't always possible in this country.

I've never been to China, but I have heard about people going on holiday there and finding it a friendly and welcoming place.

Yes, Tiananman Square (?spelling) has been mentioned, but what about the rioting we've had in recent years, people having their properties destroyed and buildings being burnt down.

In some ways China is a paradise compared to parts of Britain!
Thanks for that JBR

I don’t have an agenda, I simply write about what I know, some welcome it and some don’t. Yes, millions are sitting smug away from it all, because they also know. Tiananmen Square, the ‘Umbrella protests’ in Hong Kong, the overthrow of an elected President in the Ukraine . . . Tiananmen Square was student led and didn’t have the mainstream support that the west likes to present. Western influence was behind the Hong Kong protests (just as Soros funds BLM in the US and Femen is western sponsored). Both the EU and US were instrumental in the Ukrainian coup of Yanukovych (US McCain and Nuland, plus EU Ashton), replacing him with pro-western Turchynov. It’s all well documented.

Meanwhile, NATO surrounds Russia and China. I’m just saying to everyone that all this isn’t a conspiracy; go and look it up. Don’t just believe the BBC and the daily rags, because that’s where the disinformation comes from.

No country is perfect. I’m not saying China is either. The corruption here is breath taking, but the difference is it’s not trying to present itself as perfect either. It’s already experienced a cultural revolution and the equality utopia the UK is going through now and reverted to traditional values and controlled capitalism. It’s working, with a high GDP and an estimated 60% middle class by 2020. Meanwhile, in the UK . . .
Asia
Inner Mongolia, China
Asia is male 

24-11-2016, 02:10 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
So what are you saying Asia that you are sitting pretty in your nouveau riche tightly controlled state while we are struggling in a dying economy but there is a glimmer of hope for us with our departure from the corrupt gravy train that is the EU....
In a nutshell, yes. If you don’t wake up and start to understand what’s happening around you, Greece will look like a paradise to what’s coming in the near future.
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2016, 03:21 AM

.... the last time China invaded anyone was centuries ago ...
I am very happy to bow to Asia's superior knowledge and experience in this whole matter.
So my posts will tend to consist of questions.

Didn't China launch into North-eastern India in the early sixties and into 'Indo-china' in the late seventies ?
Whilst not an 'invasion', I suppose, Tibet didn't seem to invite them in ?

Page 5 of 17 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 15 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top