Join for free
Page 4 of 9 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
shelana80+
New Member!
United Kingdom
shelana80+ is female 

22-02-2017, 05:34 PM

Re: I Might Buy A Soup Maker!

I have a Morphy Richards soup maker with saute facilities.I find this excellent.Before adding vegetables I can make croutons,fry a little bacon or onions to give extra flavour-then it is in with whatever vegetables or herbs I have in the fridge.It makes about 3-4 hearty servings.Now I wouldn't be without it.Lunch is so simple with crusty bread and a slice of cheese or whatever....My advice is to go ahead.Bon appetit!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2017, 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by shelana80+ ->
I have a Morphy Richards soup maker with saute facilities.I find this excellent.Before adding vegetables I can make croutons,fry a little bacon or onions to give extra flavour-then it is in with whatever vegetables or herbs I have in the fridge.It makes about 3-4 hearty servings.Now I wouldn't be without it.Lunch is so simple with crusty bread and a slice of cheese or whatever....My advice is to go ahead.Bon appetit!
I also have the Morphy Richards soup maker with the saute facility - simply add onions, bacon, garlic, ginger or spices into the jug for maximum flavour before adding the vegetables and stock. Soup is ready in 20-25 minutes.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2017, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I also have the Morphy Richards soup maker with the saute facility - simply add onions, bacon, garlic, ginger or spices into the jug for maximum flavour before adding the vegetables and stock. Soup is ready in 20-25 minutes.
OMG this is ridiculous !

What problem or need is that machine solving ?

You can put the onions, garlic etc in a saucepan on the hob just as easily as putting them in a stupid machine. You can add the veg and stock into the same saucepan just as easily as putting into the machine. I just don't get it sorry.

Much like Artangel's bread making machine that churns out a loaf in 4 hours, it is totally redundant. Making homemade bread is ridiculously easy, requires literally 40 seconds of simple kneading (not heavy kneading) and allows you to make a huge range of different breads which machines can't do.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2017, 10:56 AM

Longfellow posted this in joke section

Wife : Shall I prepare Curry or Soup today?
Husband : First make it, we will name it later
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2017, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
OMG this is ridiculous !

What problem or need is that machine solving ?

You can put the onions, garlic etc in a saucepan on the hob just as easily as putting them in a stupid machine. You can add the veg and stock into the same saucepan just as easily as putting into the machine. I just don't get it sorry.

Much like Artangel's bread making machine that churns out a loaf in 4 hours, it is totally redundant. Making homemade bread is ridiculously easy, requires literally 40 seconds of simple kneading (not heavy kneading) and allows you to make a huge range of different breads which machines can't do.
The bread maker is fantastic, it's great you have time, somewhere to prove and strength to knead, some of us haven't one or all of those things. Bing it all in and walk away, it's done over night even so bread is ready and fresh for 4am husband to take some to work with him.

I'm guessing soup maker is similar, if people find them useful I can't see a problem with them having them. Ok I use a saucepan but I'm home to cook lunch if I don't have time I make something else. But if it encourages others to cook who wouldn't normally try then they are great.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2017, 11:47 AM

I didn't buy a soup maker in the end! I didn't dare after some of the posts on here!
I still swear by my breadmaker! I'm not bothered if it takes hours, l could use the quick bread recipe but l prefer the longer one. I also make Naan bread in the breadmaker, it's much nicer than the chemical ridden ones you buy in the shops!
Realist, l suppose it's all about convenience really!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2017, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Longfellow posted this in joke section

Wife : Shall I prepare Curry or Soup today?
Husband : First make it, we will name it later
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2017, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I didn't buy a soup maker in the end! I didn't dare after some of the posts on here!
I still swear by my breadmaker! I'm not bothered if it takes hours, l could use the quick bread recipe but l prefer the longer one. I also make Naan bread in the breadmaker, it's much nicer than the chemical ridden ones you buy in the shops!
Realist, l suppose it's all about convenience really!
I also have a bread maker although I haven't used it for years. I liked the bread but found that the hole in the bottom was not ideal when making sandwiches.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2017, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I also have a bread maker although I haven't used it for years. I liked the bread but found that the hole in the bottom was not ideal when making sandwiches.

Yes that is the only downside we sort of cured it by slicing sideways instead of downwards. Then you just have a couple of slices with hole in the middle.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

23-02-2017, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Yes that is the only downside we sort of cured it by slicing sideways instead of downwards. Then you just have a couple of slices with hole in the middle.
What a good idea. I hadn't thought of that. This thread has inspired me to give it another try.

Page 4 of 9 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top