Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2017, 10:33 PM

Re: Coach holidays

Go with a friend Cass, the craziest one you have, it will be a ball
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2017, 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by Cass ->
I think I might be daring and try a day trip somehwere, but the idea of staying over somewhere, eating meals with other people I dont know etc makes me feel a bit queasy..
Silly I know because I see the prices and think how resonable some of the trips are but when it comes to it I dont think I would cope very well.

Cass I go on lots of coach trips on my own, as do a few others on here .... the first time is the worst time (only because you don't know what to expect) but I promise you there's nothing to worry about. I also book hotels or Travelodge/Premier Inn and travel by train but I'm quite happy to go into Wetherspoons on my own to eat.

I've met some lovely interesting people too

@ LD ... you'd never get me on the front seat of a coach ... I can't bear travelling on motorways so halfway down the coach for me !!!
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2017, 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
Go with a friend Cass, the craziest one you have, it will be a ball
eerrr that would be the dog!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2017, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by myrtle ->

@ LD ... you'd never get me on the front seat of a coach ... I can't bear travelling on motorways so halfway down the coach for me !!!
I just find that sitting half way down the coach, all the sights go past too quick.
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2017, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I just find that sitting half way down the coach, all the sights go past too quick.
If I was on the front seat of the coach I'd have my eyes closed so I'd miss everything
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2017, 06:22 PM

Like Myrtle I also book Shearings holidays. Am going to Torquay in July and decided to go by train with my new 3 year senior rail card. Having endured that long journey to Newquay recently, going all the way to Bristol, then down. Nah!

I ate alone in one hotel and found it quite lonely. Other hotels I've sat with others and enjoyed the company. I suppose if you're not used to it it can be daunting at first, but it does get easier.

I won't sit on the coach front seat because quite often you can't stretch your legs. A huge screen can be in the way. I prefer to be close to the toilet.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2017, 06:26 PM

Some people use the coach trip just to get to the destination (because it is often cheaper) then just do their own thing when they get there. No sitting or eating with the group involved.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2017, 01:37 PM

We got back from our 5 day break in Llandudno yesterday.
National coach holidays were good and I wouldn't hesitate to go on one again. It was a scorching hot day when we travelled there but the coach had wonderful air con and it was so comfortable.

Llandudno is a lovely resort and the weather was fantastic - how lucky we were. We enjoyed going up the Great Orme in the tramcar and the tour of Snowdonia. We called at Chester on the way back - it's a lovely town.

Here are a few pics I took in Llandudno & surrounding area. Some aren't very good as they were taken through the coach window.

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/caro...show/Llandudno
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2017, 02:18 PM

I have been on coach trips and thoroughly enjoyed them. I went with Wallace Arnold (not sure if hey still exist) and a couple with Shearings. Met some really friendly people and had a great deal of fun.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2017, 02:39 PM

Lovely photos Carol, glad you had a nice break...

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top