Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2009, 03:14 PM

Sunny Wednesday

Better late than never with our daily news thread...

It a super sunny day here, really warm too....

My daughter popped in this morning after dropping her kiddies off at school so we went out and spent a few hours having some retail therapy Well to be exact she wanted the therapy and some company... We are like best friends and get on really well together...... so well that she treated me a lovely fleece jacket!

I've just repotted my orchid and noticed there is a new stem growth on it ........ I really hope I can save it to flower again.

Hope you all have sunshine and are having a good day!
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2009, 03:59 PM

Re: Sunny Wednesday

It is cooler here now but it was quite warm this morning. The dogs enjoyed their walk, we chose a route where we were less likely to met any pheasants and were successful so my arms are still in their sockets!

I am supposed to be attacking the house with the hoover but have in fact been on Ancestry all day tying to get the family in order! I always seem to find something more entertaining (not difficult when it comes to hoovering) I have a friend arriving tomorrow with dog and am totally unprepared!

Good luck with the orchid Mags, one of my favourite plants.
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2009, 04:11 PM

It felt quite autumnal this morning - and it blimmin rained after a sunny start
It's pleasant enough now, with a bit of weak sun.
There was a beautiful full moon in the night though.

I'm holding my breath wondering if my washing machine will work properly today. I had a heck of a job persuading it that it wanted to spin yesterday. Eek. I can do without washing machine problems - and certainly do without mounds of sopping wet washing. We're back to the discussion about mangles again!
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2009, 04:38 PM

Haven't seen the sun since, appropriately, Sunday! Gloom and chilly drizzle is with us again today, and probably till the weekend. No news here, just a marketing trip for frsh fruit and salad greens.

Mags, hope the orchid does rebloom for you! DM, have a sharp word with that washer and tell it to shape up! Moetsmum, I too find that hoovering is one of the most putoffable (is that a word; you know what I mean) chores that there is.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2009, 06:33 PM

It really has been a lovely day here...... sun top back on, afternoon tea on the patio, clear contrails showing up in an otherwise bright blue sky ....... feels like summer has returned!

No doubt it'll be back to normal tomorrow!
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2009, 07:42 PM

Enjoy while we can, Old Man Winter is lurking .......
suey
Shropshire
suey is female  suey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2009, 07:58 PM

Lovely day here done lot's of gardening .. 2 lines of washing all my bedding changed feels like a good day done now...
Sue
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2009, 09:20 PM

Evening all - been a lovely day here-warm sunshine and blue sky Been told its going to last for 10 days if not more-we'll see. I hope it does because I've got bushes in the front garden that need a haircut-hoping to do this at weekend. Went for lovely walk this morning then it was off to work at 1pm. Hoping to catch up with a bit of housework tomorrow, but if its nice again I might just have to postpone this plan.......
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2009, 11:32 PM

'twas a very pleasant evening here, nice and mild, no wind but the soddin midges were out, you just can't win can ya.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA

09-09-2009, 11:41 PM

Nero do you have Asian Tiger mosquitoes in the UK? The awful day flying biting ones? They are established here now and make it miserable going outside; get dozens of bites just putting the rubbish outside and filling the bird feeder!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top