Join for free
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2009, 09:13 AM

Tip-top Thursday Thread

It's blue sky and wall to wall sunshine here - how lovely to wake up to the sun; I hope you've all got some. It's still a little 'nippy' though.
That makes a good balance against my slightly dark mood because, as forecast by me yesterday, my washing machine is no more I can't really complain as it's given me good service for at least 12 years but it could have picked a better time. Fortunately I don't think I really, really, needed to do more washing before hols but ....AND hauling out sopping wet stuff, wondering if it's actually been washed or is just soaked with water (soapy or clean) and then trying to do some sort of hand wringing and getting it on the line ... Still - nothing like laundry days described in some of our 'Memory' posts.
I've already ordered a replacement, which will be delivered, and the old one removed, on our return. That's a servoce which seems to have improved hugely.
Off to take Dinah out shortly, then expecting a log delivery, then a mooch around town and the market.
Hope everyone has a lovely day
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2009, 12:26 PM

Re: Tip-top Thursday Thread

Hi DM and everyone...

Can't grumble about the weather today, it's perfect! I had my washing out on the line early this morning (sorry DM, that's probably a sore point with you atm) so I'll be able to fit in an appointment with the iron this afternoon...

We are off to Devon for the day on Saturday, a birthday treat for our granddaughter who will be 9 this Sunday. How quickly they grow up these days

I have some more tidying up to do in the garden this afternoon and maybe trim back the conifers.

Enjoy your day everyone, I hope the sun is shining on you wherever you are...
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2009, 08:47 PM

Well it has been a lovely day here, walked the dogs this morning and went to work this afternoon. My friend has arrived with her puppy, we are off to a show tomorrow, not far this time, it is being held at Loseley Park, Guildford.

Hope everyone has had a good day!
Moli
Aberdeenshire
Moli is female  Moli has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2009, 09:24 PM

Evening all, been a beautiful day here...We have had the same problem as you DM, only with our dishwasher, it went wrong last week, and the repair man came today, only to say its dead!!!ordered a new one, its coming on Tuesday and they will install and take the old one away too!
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2009, 10:04 PM

Sunny here in the morning but chilly; clouds have thickened and the rain is imminent, yuk.
No errands today so just busied myself with some chores. Had a surprise e-mail from an old workmate I'd lost touch with, nice!

Sorry about the dishwasher, Moli; good luck at the show tomorrow, moetsmum!
Lou
UK
Lou is female  Lou has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2009, 10:10 PM

Evening all

It's been lovely here today, I even got some washing dry on the line

Roll on tomorrow It's Friday! x

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top