Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2009, 09:17 PM

Re: Sunny Sunday

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
A blast from the past! Fun catching up, though. She has 6 grandchildren!!

My friend was godmother to my daughter and I to hers. We saw each other through some grim times! Neither of us are grandparents nor likely to be! We are going to meet up some time, we have so much to catch up on!
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2009, 09:27 PM

That sounds like it will be great fun to get together. We're talking lunch one of these days also; she's still working, can't retire with full benefits for two more years. We weren't really close; but there were only 5 of us in our department and united by our loathing of management! Some peoples ears will be burning.....
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2009, 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
That sounds like it will be great fun to get together. We're talking lunch one of these days also; she's still working, can't retire with full benefits for two more years. We weren't really close; but there were only 5 of us in our department and united by our loathing of management! Some peoples ears will be burning.....
I was at work so it was difficult to talk as much as we would have liked, she was my best friend at school and beyond but we drifted apart, I am not good at staying in touch! No grand children though for either of us! I don't feel old enough anyway!

The other lady lived next door to me and we grew up together. Sadly she has had a stroke (she is younger than me). It makes you realise that you should live each day as if it were your last.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2009, 09:42 PM

That's true about living every day as if it were your last. i never had kids. It is a real reminder of mortality when people younger than us get very sick or die.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top