Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
claireandaisy
Essex
claireandaisy is female  claireandaisy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2009, 03:34 PM

What`s your taste in Funerals?

A friend`s parent has died and they are in the process of arranging the funeral, which led to me telling my son what I did (and didn`t) want.
The funeral being arranged involves embalming the body so they can have an open coffin, a church ceremony, a Wake, a cremation with portions of the ashes being shared out to various relatives to scatter, with some kept back to be incorporated into jewellery.
Hopefully the family will get some sense of peace from all this but I`ve just told my son that I don`t want any of that - just a traditional service thankyou, and the ham sandwiches after with the relatives eyeing up the silverware.
What`s your family`s traditions? And will you be following them?
Kazz
West Mids
Kazz is female  Kazz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2009, 05:06 PM

Re: What`s your taste in Funerals?

Thats a very interesting question. I will have to get back to you.One thing I know I do not like and wuld not have is an open coffin.
Jan
Scotland
Jan is female  Jan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2009, 05:27 PM

I don't really care. I won't know anything about it. I've told my son to do whatever's easiest when the time comes. I think funerals should be there to help the living come to terms with what's happened and everyone deals with things in different ways.
suey
Shropshire
suey is female  suey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2009, 07:40 PM

Personally I would like to be sealed in nobody looking at me or being made to kiss me in the Chapel of rest (this is from being terrified as a youngster by this)and I would also just like a cremation with just real close people there not a circus ..... No fuss
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2009, 08:39 PM

Have written down what kind of funeral I want along with what music and flowers. I did this to make it easier for whoever is going to have to make arrangements. I want to be cremated-very simple music playing when they take me in the crematorium and the only flowers I want is a simple posy of purple and white flowers. Like Suey, I want my coffin closing and nobody is going to be allowed to see me.
madmare
Essex UK
madmare is female  madmare has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2009, 09:02 PM

I would be quite happy being chucked on a bonfire and everyone having a knees up, but as thats not allowed I want a very simple quick cremation and my only stipulation is that as its my final bash everyone must be in bright colours as I don't want to be looking down on a load of dull miserable people. I want them to celebrate my life not mourn it. So happy cheerful music too, so I can have a boogie.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2009, 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by madmare ->
So happy cheerful music too, so I can have a boogie.
My original piece of music was Tina Turners 'Simply the Best' just to remind people that I was the best and so they could all 'strutt their stuff' behind my coffin Don't think my brother was too impressed.........but then again he can't boogie
Lou
UK
Lou is female  Lou has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2009, 09:59 PM

I don't really want a funeral......As long as I'm burn't and not buried, I don't really mind what they do with me x
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2009, 10:09 PM

I don't really care what the funeral is like, I would like my ashes buried in the garden with my dogs though.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK

15-09-2009, 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by moetmum ->
I don't really care what the funeral is like, I would like my ashes buried in the garden with my dogs though.
If my Hatti goes before me, I want her ashes to be put in my coffin with me

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top