Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Moli
Aberdeenshire
Moli is female  Moli has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2009, 10:50 PM

Re: What`s your taste in Funerals?

Thats something I have never thought about............
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2009, 10:51 PM

Family tradition was a regular Catholic Mass, open casket viewing and the usual get-together wake afterwards. I'm opting for cremation, ashes scattered in the garden.

Excellent thread!
Yola
Yola is female  Yola has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2009, 03:04 PM

Phew, never really thought. I wouldn't want an open casket but would be happy for family to visit me at the chapel of rest. I did with my Dad and Uncle and both visits, although I dreaded them beforehand, I found hugely comforting then and still do now.

I am seriously lapsed religious-wise so I'm not even sure if I'd like a church service. I would love to have my ashes scattered somewhere meaningful . . . perhaps on my allotment - at least it would be a practical ending!!
SageCat
Suffolk, UK
SageCat is female  SageCat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2009, 07:41 PM

Being a Pagan I don't want a church service. I want to be cremated and my ashes scattered in a bluebell wood.
Jackie
UK
Jackie is female  Jackie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2009, 11:12 AM

Closed coffin, traditional ceremony.. short as possible, and buried
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2009, 11:47 AM

There have been a few "humanist" funerals here the last year or so, no clergy were present at these services and they tell me it's all done very nicely.
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2009, 11:40 AM

I always used to say that I just wanted OH to take me to the crem wrapped in a sheet of a sack or something, let them do the deed and just bung the result on the garden, or downland, or woodland or something. Don't want any weeping and wailing etc.

Now, I am getting quite attracted to the woodland burial. Simple coffin of wicker or 'cardboard' and they pop you down deep enough to keep the foxes from having a look and, in time, you turn into a tree or flowers or (maybe) a thistle or poison ivy or ground elder The more time I spend on the garden the more appropriate that feels

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top