Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2018, 06:16 PM

Re: Is anyone else going to watch Spain Vs. Russia?

Did anyone think to test the Spanish side for polonium poisoning after the match?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2018, 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
Russia being in the last 8 is a bit of a joke - some team will come along and give them a real thumping.
England hopefully.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2018, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Did anyone think to test the Spanish side for polonium poisoning after the match?
Mmm. They could have slipped some in their water bottles.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2018, 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
England hopefully.
Hi

We need Boris on the team, he reckons he can beat Russia anytime.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

01-07-2018, 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

We need Boris on the team, he reckons he can beat Russia anytime.
Well he's good at dangling on a rope so maybe we could stick him by their goal so he could hang there.
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2018, 09:35 PM

God! This was a pretty dire affair. All Spain were doing, was passing the ball from side to side. I found myself hollering at the TV, "For ***** sakes, play the bloody ball up front!!" After yesterday's brilliant games between Uruguay/Portugal & Argentina/France, this was desperate stuff.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

01-07-2018, 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by John ->
God! This was a pretty dire affair. All Spain were doing, was passing the ball from side to side. I found myself hollering at the TV, "For ***** sakes, play the bloody ball up front!!" After yesterday's brilliant games between Uruguay/Portugal & Argentina/France, this was desperate stuff.
I know, I thought the same. There was no urgency was there. Do you think they could have been 'got at' by the Russians?
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2018, 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I know, I thought the same. There was no urgency was there. Do you think they could have been 'got at' by the Russians?
One has to remember that ALL sport is now governed by betting. Since the advent of online gambling everything changed.

Lots and lots of money can now pass hands to swing sports results one way or another. Bookies now have computer systems which tell them instantly how much money has been bet on any given outcome. Suppose they can see that if Horse X wins a race they will lose £3 million. Why not then just ask the jockey of Horse X to stay back for the bribe sum of say £100,000 ? Jockey isn't going to make that kind of money from the race !

This is now the problem with all sports.

Is this affecting the World Cup? Well given you can bet on who wins, who draws, who loses, which player will score next and so on, then yes, it is a huge potential problem.
How many people will have bet that star players like Messi will score? How much money would bookies lose if he did? So how much money would they need to offer Messi as a backhander not to score?

Those who can't think big will just see this as conspiratorial but the fact is just about every sport has had match fixing at some point.

With the computer systems now in play for bookies, sport is just one ginormous money making machine.
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2018, 11:40 PM

Well Realist, you could'nt have forecast, or fiddled the result of the match tonight between Belgium & Japan. It was literally seconds from the end of an enthralling contest, that Belgium scored the winner. I for the life of me, considering the massive wages most Internationals are on these days, cannot believe any player would throw this game, for any amount of money. Felt really sorry for the Japanese guys, they run their hearts out, only to be beaten in such a cruel way. I know there is corruption about, but surely not in this game!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top