Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Moli
Aberdeenshire
Moli is female  Moli has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2009, 11:32 PM

Re: Piercings????

Originally Posted by cathy ->
3 in each ear. and i love earrings. got loads of them. love the dangly sparkly kind.
i was coincidering having my belly button done for my 50th. but had not long been in hospital so changed my mind.
You are brave Cathy, would imagne it would be quite painful,,,
Yola
Yola is female  Yola has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2009, 02:31 PM

2 earrings in each ear. If I were younger I would get my eyebrow done but nothing else. My step-daugther had her belly-button pierced and it went nasty because of clothes constantly rubbing, quite a common problem as I understand . . .
Calismum
Scotland
Calismum is female  Calismum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2009, 11:33 PM

Ears (one in each) and belly button. Got ears done when I was 21. Belly button done 6 years ago, sort of friendship thing. Had no probs with it but have heard some horror stories. Had I heard them before I got it done I'm not sure I would have gone ahead!!
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2009, 12:14 PM

Fascinating, isn't it?
I had my ears done (once in each) when I was about 35. I wear earrings all the time, though no other jewelery regularly, other than watch and wedding ring.

Body and face piercings? They seem quite alien to me, particularly the facial ones. I suppose they are removable and could be taken away to let the hole heal but every time I see them I think "Ah, if you had a wart/birthmark/scar there (particularly on the top lip, below the nose - where I suppose you could add fat bogey to the list of non-desirable features - you couldn't wait to get it removed!
It's a great generalisation but it also feels to me that a lot of these multi-pierced kids are actually a bit insecure and unsure - "Who am I? Well. I'm a pierced person, that's who I am"

As with tattoos I have a wonderful mental image of the Bideawee Retirement Home, where little old ladies and little old gents compare the grey smudges and saggy bits of metal which were once their pride and joy!
Moli
Aberdeenshire
Moli is female  Moli has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2009, 03:09 PM

As with tattoos I have a wonderful mental image of the Bideawee Retirement Home, where little old ladies and little old gents compare the grey smudges and saggy bits of metal which were once their pride and joy!

How true it is that!
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2009, 04:49 PM

, dm!

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top