Join for free
Page 2 of 24 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2019, 12:26 PM

Re: Vote Today

The Attorney General has just said the changes in EU withdrawal deal "reduces risk" of UK being "indefinitely" held in the backstop.
I don't think that is enough, it all depends on Arlene Foster now, if she says that is enough the DUP and most of the ERG will follow and there will be a majority.

There are also at least 4 Labour MPs who will vote for the deal.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2019, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
The Attorney General has just said the changes in EU withdrawal deal "reduces risk" of UK being "indefinitely" held in the backstop.
I don't think that is enough, it all depends on Arlene Foster now, if she says that is enough the DUP and most of the ERG will follow and there will be a majority.

There are also at least 4 Labour MPs who will vote for the deal.

Another epic fail.

Theresa May might break her own record tonight
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2019, 01:10 PM

As I"ve no doubt said before I am sick to death with whole lot of them and that includes May , she is a snake oil saleswoman , right up there with Bliar.
She should fall on her sword & GO .
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2019, 01:25 PM

I agree with Megs analysis & prognosis of events about to take place soon in Westminster,and it bodes no good for UK if as seems likely,the wimps in parliament vote to overturn the Brexit vote by any means they can dream up.The only way out is now is to leave without a deal,but the wimps are now plotting to tie our hands to make this impossible.I am in despair at the attitude of MPs.We must get onto the streets now! When is Nigel's march starting? Donkeyman.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2019, 01:31 PM

It's quite simple really. I voted for us to leave the EU. The government agreed to honour that vote.

May has been visiting Brussels (and elsewhere) on the premise of obtaining a 'deal'. She has indeed obtained a deal: the deal is that we shall remain under the control of the EU for an unspecified length of time.

And now she expects the whole of Parliament to agree her deal.

Many in Parliament want us to remain fully in the EU, many want to accept her half-in, half-out deal, a few still want - in common with the majority of voters - to leave the EU completely.

She has talked, talked and talked for three years now and has achieved absolutely nothing. If we do not leave the EU completely, the only thing she will have achieved is the loss of democracy in this country. Something we have been grateful for having for hundreds of years.
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2019, 01:34 PM

Will be kicked out again I imagine as this isn’t brexit
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2019, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
It's quite simple really. I voted for us to leave the EU. The government agreed to honour that vote.

May has been visiting Brussels (and elsewhere) on the premise of obtaining a 'deal'. She has indeed obtained a deal: the deal is that we shall remain under the control of the EU for an unspecified length of time.

And now she expects the whole of Parliament to agree her deal.

Many in Parliament want us to remain fully in the EU, many want to accept her half-in, half-out deal, a few still want - in common with the majority of voters - to leave the EU completely.

She has talked, talked and talked for three years now and has achieved absolutely nothing. If we do not leave the EU completely, the only thing she will have achieved is the loss of democracy in this country. Something we have been grateful for having for hundreds of years.

You're absolutely right, JBR.

The frustration from the crappy deal brought to the commons for a vote last time (and becoming the biggest defeat ever) is now turning to anger.

May has to go if this doesn't go through and we need to shake up the front bench while we are at it.

Mogg is taking Stephen Barclay apart in the select committee - am I glad we have an ally in Jacob Rees-Mogg and the ERG.

And I bet the DUP are relieved the last GE was won by such a p1ss poor margin and they ended up in a supply and confidence arrangement. Otherwise they would have been hung out to dry by May and Co without a say in the negotiations.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2019, 02:35 PM

I'm not very hopeful the withdrawal agreement will get through. Listening to Cox this morning, he said "The risk is smaller, but ... there is no legal change from the legal advice I previously gave regarding the withdrawal agreement previously thrown out by Parliament. i.e. The EU can keep us tied in forever!

So, unless we trust the EU to behave in an honest way with regard to the backstop in the future (and that would be a first!!) how on earth can MP's possibly back something that simply has not been changed in any way from the original agreement??

Like others, I would like to see this get through, because tomorrows vote for a no deal being taken off the table by all those who wish Brexit to fail, will finally kill off the only ONE THING that the EU feared, therefore giving them the absolute upper hand over Brexit.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

12-03-2019, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
I'm not very hopeful the withdrawal agreement will get through. Listening to Cox this morning, he said "The risk is smaller, but ... there is no legal change from the withdrawal agreement that was thrown out by Parliament (in so many words).

So, unless we trust the EU to behave in an honest way with regard to the backstop in the future (and that would be a first!!) how on earth can MP's back something that simply has not been changed in any way from the original agreement??

Like others, I would like to see this get through, because tomorrows vote for a no deal being taken off the table by all those who wish Brexit to fail, will finally kill off the ONE THING that the EU feared, therefore giving them the absolute upper hand over Brexit.

We can vote for a no deal all we like but it won't change anything. The only way to avoid the no-deal is for the EU to agree all our concessions which they simply will not do.

I think the Malthouse Compromise is the only "deal" that would get through but first we need to reject the no-deal amendment and the extension of A50 (which is unlikely anyway because nobody would be able to agree the timescale).

fingers crossed ... its going to be a tough week ha ha
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2019, 02:43 PM

Just heard on BBC News that the DUP have rejected this withdrawal agreement. The ERG said that they would vote for or against, dependant on how the DUP react. Says it all.

Page 2 of 24 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top