Join for free
Page 3 of 29 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »
Susan68
Up North, UK
Susan68 is female  Susan68 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2019, 09:33 PM

Re: Anyone prepping for an Oct No-Deal?

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Prepping? In what way? What do I need to prep?
Take off the kitchen door, hide under it, paint everything white and tag next door's grandmother?

No I'll take life as it comes and deal with everything it throws at me ta.
I think you're getting confused with prepping for a nuclear war!!! ..in which case I'd agree there'd be no point cos you'd still die of radiation even hiding under a door!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2019, 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by Susan68 ->
I think you're getting confused with prepping for a nuclear war!!! ..in which case I'd agree there'd be no point cos you'd still die of radiation even hiding under a door!
Yes of course I was joking, Susan. A play on words from the ridiculous leaflets that were banded about in the early 1980's (and Frankie Goes To Hollwood's 'Two Tribes' single etc).
You'll get used my own particular style of wit in time love.

Prepping for a No Deal? No, because nobody knows what would actually happen yet. It's all different theories from scaremongers at present. let's wait nearer the time - if that time actually comes.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2019, 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Yes, swapped my money over already.

I have 3200 cigarettes here and 17 bottles of Vodka, they will be tripled before the end of the Summer Holidays.

A huge saving.

In December I have a job for an EU Country.

It is Payable in Euros and does not affect my Pension here.

Leaving on in the End of October will cost me, 7 weeks wages., around £4K after Tax.

I can cope with that.
Cigarettes & vodka? I see you've got your priorities right
Swimmy! How many are you inviting to the party !
I assume you will be celebrating getting out of EU?
Regards Donkeyman!
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2019, 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Yes of course I was joking, Susan. A play on words from the ridiculous leaflets that were banded about in the early 1980's (and Frankie Goes To Hollwood's 'Two Tribes' single etc).
You'll get used my own particular style of wit in time love.

Prepping for a No Deal? No, because nobody knows what would actually happen yet. It's all different theories from scaremongers at present. let's wait nearer the time - if that time actually comes.
I’m with you floydy, nothing we can do about it.. just deal with whatever comes..
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2019, 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
I’m with you floydy, nothing we can do about it.. just deal with whatever comes..
My philosophy also Primus! And anything l need l can
order from Amazon cant l?

Regards Donkeyman!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2019, 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
Absolutely mate.
People who get all petrified and paranoid about day to day issues in life never get out of bed and simply lie awake screaming!
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom

03-07-2019, 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by Susan68 ->
I was born with a condition that requires medication for life so have exemption and have never had to pay for them or anything else my GP prescribes currently on the NHS.

I have to have regular blood tests so not visiting a GP and getting medications is NOT an option, just to be able to stay alive.

Dental care is no longer free in the UK (for adults) so I haven't been to a dentist for over 30 years. Under your scheme I probably wouldn't be able to afford to add any extra's.

Isn't the UK pension something like £42 a week? how would most be able to afford £100 a month just for a compulsory insurance and pay for food and other bills?

Many of our pensioners in the UK are already in a 'Eat or Heat' situation with adult social care really underfunded in most places. I know I'm going to be worse off under universal credit too than I am on the older system. I think thre's about 2 months you get no money at all (6-8 weeks while they decide whether you're entitled to get it and thats if you\re lucky and get it straight away)

I'm not sure they back pay your rent for that period so I have to try and save up enough to cover at least 4 months bills I think to give me some breathing space. It would be just my luck a no deal brexit happened at the same time causing more chaos, prices to go up etc.

I just wondered if anyone was stocking up on extra food incase of problems? and for what kind of period? 6 weeks? 6 months?

I thought being an 'over 50s' group there maybe more people here who maybe pensioners, disabled or would struggle to get stuff in over the winter if there were strikes, riots disrupting things, stuff not getting through customs etc?
Susan, l think you should get some sort of special dispensation
in your particular circumstances! perhaps Age UK could
assist you with advice on this? just a fhought!

Regards Donkeyman!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

03-07-2019, 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
My philosophy also Primus! And anything l need l can
order from Amazon cant l?

Regards Donkeyman!
Lol! Yes, 'cos Amazon's American and Trump is looking after us Brits come what may
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2019, 10:32 PM

Hi

Yep, me.

I have transferred Money abroad in case of a fall of the £.

This is for my Son's Medical Bills.

I have 7 months supply of cigarettes at 20 a day here already.

I have another 3 years worth arriving before Brexit Day.

I have Contracts worth £400 a Week for the next 3 years in the event of a No Deal.

Courtesy of my Ex.

She is on £200 an hour.

No Deal is a huge earner for some.

It will not Benefit ordinary people.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2019, 10:33 PM

We control what comes into out country.

I cant see France wanting to blockade it's own exports.

Page 3 of 29 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top