Join for free
Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2012, 10:22 PM

Re: England our england!

Reference the Terry/Ferdinand situation, Hodgson could'nt win either way. None of the two of them could be said to get on, given the Anton Ferdinand case. Why was'nt that particular case dealt with ages ago? What a mess ! Feel sorry for Cahill, that was a terrible foul by Mertens. Anyway, is'nt Ferdinand supposed to have some serious back trouble? He has'nt put that much into United's season, and he's 33. Time this dopey Twitter was banned for all players.
Bob.b
Nottingham UK
Bob.b is male  Bob.b has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2012, 06:29 PM

For me Rio Ferdinand is over the hill internationally speaking, his own club manager has even said that he couldn't hack a full season so what is his beef? Probably going to miss all the perks that go with representing your country, tough, he's had his day and now it's time for the young guns to try and impress the manager who at least has had the bottle to give them their chances so that has got to be forward thinking no matter what Ian Wright and his cohorts keep banging on about.
As you say John, the unpleasant case involving John Terry and Anton Ferdinand should have been dealt with a long time ago, it is only giving Rio the ammunition he desires to try and topple Hodgson at the start of his tenure, most distatsteful to say the least and really highlights the unsavoury aspects of football as a whole.
Bob.b
Nottingham UK
Bob.b is male  Bob.b has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2012, 08:41 PM

So at long last Terry was found not guilty but still Rio Ferdinand keeps banging on and stirring the crap up, he really is an unsavoury character.
Soon be time for team GB to flex their muscles and Stuart Pearce has said that this experience already tops the world cup after meeting GB athletes at the village. Good luck to him and his players.
Hammer
NW England.
Hammer is male 

17-07-2012, 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by Bob.b ->
So at long last Terry was found not guilty but still Rio Ferdinand keeps banging on and stirring the crap up, he really is an unsavoury character.
Soon be time for team GB to flex their muscles and Stuart Pearce has said that this experience already tops the world cup after meeting GB athletes at the village. Good luck to him and his players.
Yes Bob, a fairly predictable response from Ferdinand, he has an agenda that goes a lot deeper than we have seen thus far.
May I also wish Stuart and Team GB all the best for the Olympics.
Hu99
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Hu99 is male  Hu99 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2012, 12:28 AM

The way John Terry played in Poland/Ukraine earlier this summer gives him a lot of respect in my book. What has Rio Ferdinand done for England lately?
I support John Terry 100%. He may a tough man to like but you can't argue with his skills and commitment.
I'd continue with my rant but nobody wants to hear the truth it's too inflammatory.
Bob.b
Nottingham UK

18-07-2012, 07:37 PM

I have no problem with that, you carry on with your rant if you so desire Hu99, everybody is entitled to their opinions and it may even make interesting reading for us all, who knows? After all, that is what the forum is all about, an exchange of views without resorting to rancour in my opinion!
Thanks for your reply Hammer, do you think that Andy Carroll will end up with your lads?
Hammer
NW England.
Hammer is male 

18-07-2012, 10:23 PM

Hi Bob, Re Andy Carroll , I know he is a big mate of Kevin Nolan but I don't honestly think we can afford him.

We have just splashed out on the ex French FC Sochaux-Montbeliard striker, Miaga, and he must have cost at least £3 so not much left in the pot really.

Sadly lack of funds is a problem that smaller clubs like ours have to live with. Home produced talent that we have put through the Academy obviously want to join the big clubs so we lose out. We make little out of them to swell our coffers to bid for the better 'player' so it is like a merry-go-round.
To be honest The Championship is really our niche, much the same as the old Div two.

However, one never knows.

Onward
Bob.b
Nottingham UK

19-07-2012, 05:59 PM

A great pity really Hammer but it has always been the case unfortunately, being one of the smaller clubs in the capital doesn't help, that's for sure but the fan base has always been excellent wouldn't you say? I see no reason why West Ham shouldn't gain a mid table position at the end of the coming season and now the news of the Miaga signing has filtered through then I guess Carroll will be off to pastures new, especially as Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers has told him that he does not figure in his future plans. Ho hum, the roller coaster ride is on the go again!
Wont be long before team GB flex their muscles then we will get a rough idea of how they will fare at the Olympics.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2012, 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by Hu99 ->
The way John Terry played in Poland/Ukraine earlier this summer gives him a lot of respect in my book. What has Rio Ferdinand done for England lately?
I support John Terry 100%. He may a tough man to like but you can't argue with his skills and commitment.
I'd continue with my rant but nobody wants to hear the truth it's too inflammatory.
John Terry's skills!!!!, he has one, throwing his body in front of attackers, that's it.
Watch him head a ball, it comes off the top of his head, watch him kick a dead ball, he toe ends it, look at his positioning, it is useless, if he had good positioning he would not have to throw his body in front of people.
Kelly (liverpool) is a different and better player by a mile and he is still learning the trade.
Sorry, that is my view of Terry, his ability is as bad as his mouth.
Bob.b
Nottingham UK

21-07-2012, 11:50 AM

I think, like his 'pal' Rio, Terry is about done for on the international scene and I tend to agree with you remarks AB.
Fortunately, as you so rightly pointed out, we do have some good youngsters straining at the leash and ready to step in as and when, that's progress for you.

Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top