Join for free
Page 14 of 14 « First < 4 12 13 14
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2012, 02:33 PM

Re: Team GB

I enjoyed it, but just a point miming was essential, the technical point of sound would have virtually been impossible with the amount of folks that took part.
I thought some parts were spectacular and some a bit of a let down, wasn't happy with the amount of money wasted in fireworks, a laser show would have been as spectacular.
Bob.b
Nottingham UK
Bob.b is male  Bob.b has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2012, 06:16 PM

Perhaps a bit of an anti climax after the euphoria of a great Olympic games but not such a severe let down really, many parts were quite enjoyable but as usual we can't all be personally satisfied all of the time.
Over all then a fantastic effort by everybody involved and long may the feel good factor remain. Well done team GB !
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2012, 05:43 AM

Originally Posted by Hammer ->
To mime or not to mime, that seemed to be the question for many of the 'acts', what were they scared of ?, it was not as if many were watching. .
It is not the artists... No organiser presenting such a spectacular to a world audience would allow any 'live' performance, It will never happen. These events are always pre-recorded it's as much to do with ensuring the timing for the TV as anything.

Who can forget Billy Idol's live performance at half time during the 2002 NRL Grand Final? Well everybody can... the band's faulty equipment blew the fuses so apart from his entrance in a hovercraft he performed absolutely nothing, a complete flop. Can you imagine something similar occurring at an Olympic Games? It would be a disaster.

Hammer
NW England.
Hammer is male 

14-08-2012, 03:27 PM

Correct me if I am wrong but I thought Idol's set was cancelled due to a power failure that was never fully explained. However, not all the acts were mimed but it is true to say that the organisers wanted all the artistes to lip-synch to pre-recorded and sanitized versions of their acts to avoid any technical gremlins in the works. They only gave the 'turns' the option of fakery, it was not a prerequisite. A few minor bits and bobs failed on the night but sound or its quality was not one of them.

Interesting that a few well established and decent performers who embrace a much wider spectrum of genre's than pop, turned down the gig because they wanted to perform in one place - as opposed to on the back of a truck - and importantly live.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2012, 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by Hammer ->
Correct me if I am wrong but I thought Idol's set was cancelled due to a power failure that was never fully explained.
A few years ago there was a court challenge over non payment and it came out then that the problem was with the band's equipment.

Page 14 of 14 « First < 4 12 13 14

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top