Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Fogey
Shropshire
Fogey is male  Fogey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2017, 04:52 PM

My website

After months of frustration, I have finally managed to build a responsive website for my photography.

I wonder if any of you guys can have a look to see how the site is behaving on different platforms and give some feedback, especially on phones and tablets, as I have neither.

Many thanks in advance.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2017, 04:53 PM

Re: My website

Link might help?
Fogey
Shropshire
Fogey is male  Fogey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2017, 04:54 PM

http://www.fogeysplace.co.uk/Mobile/
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2017, 05:03 PM

Great photos and some really nicely written tips for those of us who still point and click hoping for the best...

Question , does it not drive you nuts seeing our snaps, dont you think, if they had just adjusted that setting or thought about the light a bit more.....
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2017, 05:06 PM

It looking very good to me on my iPad, Fogey .... the scenic photos are rolling nicely at the top too.

Great photos and very useful info for beginners...
Fogey
Shropshire

05-10-2017, 05:13 PM

No Cass - not at all.

I spent many years doing just that until I learned.

I will go out of my way to help a fellow togger get a good shot.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2017, 05:39 PM

Very good indeed on my laptop. Starting with the galleries i found them easy on the eye with the large images, and decent amount to view in each category so that they dont overwhelm in numbers. A good range of subject matter to showcase your skills.

First stop for me was Birds, again plenty variety so its nice to see the environmental alongside the portrait type images, i love the Juvvy starling shot and the wren.

Your Macro work si first class and this impressed me most, you do like your spiders

Open space does seem important to you in your Landscapes and Panoramas, and both deliver.

Your last category is one im least familiar with, but loads of scope to show of your skills.

I next jumped to where you explain photography, and as i always do to the beginners section,as this is where many sites fall down with to much info up front.

Yours is nicely laid out with space between the text keeping the points to understandable chunks, and you have covered the important points that folks need.

If it was mine i would been well pleased to have created such a site.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2017, 06:22 PM

Fantastic Fogey, I wish I could take photos like that, they are excellent.
Well done.
Fogey
Shropshire

05-10-2017, 06:30 PM

Well thank you all for such positive feedback.

I took a leaf out of my wife's site that teaches computers and computing and delivered all the articles in what is known as sound-bites. Little chunks of info at a time.

The biggest problem was deciding what vehicle to use to present these sound bites. That took a couple of months. Once that was decided, it was a case of knuckling down and delivering.

Thank you all again for taking the time to look. I'm well pleased.
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2017, 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by Fogey ->
After months of frustration, I have finally managed to build a responsive website for my photography.

I wonder if any of you guys can have a look to see how the site is behaving on different platforms and give some feedback, especially on phones and tablets, as I have neither.

Many thanks in advance.
Just had a look using a kindle fire hd,all looks fine,along with on this acer notepad.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top