Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2015, 11:01 AM

Dangerous driving

I was reading in last night's local paper, about a woman who drove 30 miles the wrong way down the A14.!!!
This was in the dark, very early one morning last January.

How on earth can you drive that far without noticing something's was wrong? How could she go that distance without either killing herself or someone else? I find that quite staggering to believe.

The police attempted to slow traffic in the lane she was travelling in, and turned on their emergency lights, but she drove straight past them as well.
When they caught her in the end, she told police she had been following her Sat-Nav!!
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2015, 11:28 AM

Re: Dangerous driving

Those sat navs can be a liability.
Wasnt there someone once that went up the side of a cliff in their car because they were "only" following their sat nav..

It beggars belief how you wouldnt stop when you see police with emergency lights on.
She should have to re take her test or have some sort of "extra" training.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2015, 12:39 PM

Sadly some people lack the intelligence to drive and how they pass their test I don't know. Often when I get home I ask someone to look out the window to check my car is there and not invisible because people seem unable to see me half the time.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2015, 12:45 PM

Oh dear - what's to become of us - we're amongst full grown nutters
Curmudgeon
Surrey UK
Curmudgeon is male  Curmudgeon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2015, 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by Aysa ->
Those sat navs can be a liability.
Wasnt there someone once that went up the side of a cliff in their car because they were "only" following their sat nav..

It beggars belief how you wouldnt stop when you see police with emergency lights on.
She should have to re take her test or have some sort of "extra" training.
There was a case (in Germany) when a couple drove off the end of a ferry ramp into a river because the sat nav did not tell them to wait for the ferry
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2015, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by Curmudgeon ->
There was a case (in Germany) when a couple drove off the end of a ferry ramp into a river because the sat nav did not tell them to wait for the ferry
Oh dear oh dear me!!! Perhaps the sat nav should remind users NOT to forget to engage their brain at all times while in use.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2015, 03:13 PM

Shouldn't be surprised if there was more to this story though, because when the cops finally pulled her over, she gave a false name at first.
She is 26 and was apparently driving her parents to the airport.
She has got a 2 year ban now, so that might give her time to sort herself out!
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2015, 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by Curmudgeon ->
My sat nav shows a blue area indicating water! How could they not know the river was up ahead?
Marion
Norfolk
Marion is female  Marion has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2015, 07:01 PM

My husband used to be a lorry driver and spent 25 year on nights. One night going along the motor way there was a car coming towards him, so he sort of slowed down and edged them onto the side of the road. The Police were there in no time. Two old ladies in the car, saying "this driver edged us off the road". The Policeman smiled at my husband then said to the two ladies, "ladies, this lorry driver has just saved your life".
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2015, 11:55 PM

I have been driving for 47 years and have never had so much as a speeding ticket or points on my license.

Yes, I make mistakes but never to that extent! That's just appalling!

People like that should be taken off the road, if not for others safety but for THEIR OWN.

It makes me laugh that we are clamping down so much on drink driving and yet sober drivers can still be on the road when they obviously haven't a clue on how to drive.

I could drink half a bottle of whisky and still be safer than half the drivers on the road these days!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top