Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Cheshire Cat
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
Cheshire Cat is female  Cheshire Cat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2015, 12:35 AM

Re: Ironing

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I iron everything - and - (whispers it quietly) I enjoy it!

Cheshire Cat - with regard to saris - it depends what they are made from. A lot are chiffon or polyester and do not really need ironing - but the pure cotton or silk ones do. As sari is six and half metres long - it is not an easy task - been there!

That's interesting ST That's a LONG piece of material, I don't think I'd ever get to the end..........I'd have given up by half way, lol!
Cheshire Cat
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
Cheshire Cat is female  Cheshire Cat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2015, 12:37 AM

Honey - I don't iron sheets either!

I don't iron undies either!

Thanks for the tips. I have a tumble drier but still iron.
I am going wrong somewhere!
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2015, 12:46 AM

I can't believe some iron their knickers!
Cheshire Cat
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

03-03-2015, 12:55 AM

Originally Posted by Honey ->
Some do! I never have, mind you they are big enough, maybe I should.
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2015, 01:03 AM

oh you funny article!
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2015, 01:17 AM

I iron everything except underwear.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2015, 03:01 AM

I do believe I still own an iron, but for the life of me I've not a clue where it is. I stopped ironing years ago when I realised that what came out of my tumble dryer didn't require such an unnecessary task, because they were crease free, and all I have to do is fold them neatly.

I don't buy anything made of cotton or other material which would require ironing, although when I was first married at age 22 I ironed literally everything, from socks, undies well - everything but, no longer a slave will I be.

I married a soldier in 1972 and made the mistake of "trying" to iron his Army trousers, and made a hash of it because he was so particular. Then, because we were living in Germany and I didn't understand the instructions on the washing machine I boiled his Army jumper! The cotton epaulettes and elbow pads stayed the same size, but the rest of the jumper shrunk into oblivion! Luckily, he just laughed his head off when he saw it!
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2015, 05:33 AM

I don't own an I-Ron. Would an I-Phone do the same job?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2015, 08:28 AM

Wouldn't it be I-Ronic if it did, Sari seems to be the hardest word.
HTB
Lanc's
HTB is male  HTB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2015, 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by Honey ->
have you seen the size of some of them.......no bloody wonder.....

I am an excellent ironer.........having been a hoffman presser in my younger days for pocket money........I learned to iron in the Army.............no tramlines etc etc..........can give you some tips for razor like creases other than using starch............eg.........turn trousers inside out and rub some soap down the old crease, turn back again and iron.......kaboom, razor creases, the like you have never seen before.............

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top