Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2015, 02:10 AM

Re: Even at 89, you don't expect it

Yes, I am so sorry to hear this as well, but it does sound like a peaceful way to go.

This July, it will be 7 years since my partner died very suddenly. He was just 64 years old, a big guy, was very muscular and healthy and worked at a physically demanding job.

I found him dead on my kitchen floor on Friday 25 July 2008 and you can not possibly imagine the shock I had. I'd never known him to be ill except for the occasional cold and was on no medication.

The post mortem revealed that he'd died of ischaemic heart disease which had never been diagnosed.

Everybody is right in what they say though. It doesn't matter the age of a person, nor the way they die. It's always a dreadful shock when you realise that you'll never see them or speak with them again.

I am so sad for the loss of your mother-in-law's friend, OB. She must have had a terrible shock finding her like that. xx
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2015, 04:15 AM

I sympathise; a similar experience happened to me just last week.

My 94 year old ex mother in law died suddenly. What ever my personal feelings toward her daughter she was a good woman and, of course, my kid's grandmother.

It was a traumatic week for all concerned. Her funeral is this coming Thursday however as I flew to Malaysia on Monday I will miss that round of grief.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2015, 07:49 AM

Hello Jim - sorry to hear this x
Sincere good wishes to the family
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2015, 08:11 AM

Sorry to hear this Jim, sadly those who loved her hadn't a chance to say goodbye, and that is what hurts, the good lady is at peace.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2015, 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by Mollie ->
Yes, I am so sorry to hear this as well, but it does sound like a peaceful way to go.

This July, it will be 7 years since my partner died very suddenly. He was just 64 years old, a big guy, was very muscular and healthy and worked at a physically demanding job.

I found him dead on my kitchen floor o
n Friday 25 July 2008 and you can not possibly imagine the shock I had. I'd never known him to be ill except for the occasional cold and was on no medication.

The post mortem revealed that he'd died of ischaemic heart disease which had never been diagnosed.

Everybody is right in what they say though. It doesn't matter the age of a person, nor the way they die. It's always a dreadful shock when you realise that you'll never see them or speak with them again.

I am so sad for the loss of your mother-in-law's friend, OB. She must have had a terrible shock finding her like that. xx
Sorry to hear that Mollie. How young and unexpected
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2015, 09:13 AM

I always find it more difficult when the person still was so upbeat and full of life, for them to die. It doesn't matter what age they are, it just seems they are "so full of life". If you know what I mean. If they have been a shadow of themselves and very ill before death then we can accept their death more. It's not nice to see anyone suffer.
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2015, 11:25 AM

Sorry about your loss but I also think what a great way to go.
Not good for your M in L to see it but when you think of it she
probably was thinking of your M in L coming to see her when
she passed away waiting for their chat. I think its a lovely way
to remember the passing lady and hopefully your M in L will get
over the shock and see her waiting for her.
I agree with you Myra, both my parents didn't live until their
allotted 70 years in the bible. But because they were both ill
I accepted their death more than if I had gone to see them full
of life. That rings true for me.
Not a nice thing for you either Mollie. Bless.
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2015, 04:03 PM

My stepfather passed away in very much the same circumstances, he was found in his armchair with a cup of tea and his night tablets at his side, he was outwardly fit and active.

Funeral was Tuesday...he was 86.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top