Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2015, 09:26 AM

Re: How hot do you like it?

Yes I like My curries very hot,especially in Winter when it can cure all colds,sniffles and sneezes :~)
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2015, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by May ->
Yes I like My curries very hot,especially in Winter when it can cure all colds,sniffles and sneezes :~)
My first wife reckons it was her hot curries that cured distemper in our Red Setter when we lived in London - they were the only thing the dog would eat while it was ill.

Personally I wouldn't even bother cooking rice without throwing in some cardamom seeds (not pods) and some cloves (except when I make coconut rice of course).

I have bags of spices in my cupboard such as cardamom , cumin, coriander, turmeric, star anis, peppers, chillis etc plus I preserve some too

Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2015, 12:10 PM

If my eyes don't water it is not hot enough for me
I make my own curry and keep adding a little more chilli paste until it is almost just right as I find the heat develops during cooking.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2015, 02:39 PM

I like my curries really spicy, spicier the better for me.
Marj
England
Marj is female  Marj has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2015, 03:21 PM

My daughter loves curries hot and she has jalapenos on a pizza.
I must be the odd one as I hate curry hate anything that makes me suddenly want to drink something cold
Linda0818
USA
Linda0818 is female  Linda0818 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2015, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
My first wife reckons it was her hot curries that cured distemper in our Red Setter when we lived in London - they were the only thing the dog would eat while it was ill.

Personally I wouldn't even bother cooking rice without throwing in some cardamom seeds (not pods) and some cloves (except when I make coconut rice of course).

I have bags of spices in my cupboard such as cardamom , cumin, coriander, turmeric, star anis, peppers, chillis etc plus I preserve some too

Those are absolutely beautiful. See, I love peppers and their natural beauty and the vibrant colors.... I just won't eat them. If a food is so hot that you can't even taste the flavors of what you're eating, then it's a waste to me.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2015, 01:16 PM

Spicy is good. But it`s about balance-Goldilocks. Not too hot,not too sweet,not too sour. And that depends on personal taste.
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2015, 04:24 PM

I love a Madras Curry, although i had a Vindaloo a long time ago and wheeeeew! it was sooooo hoootttt ... and another time i had a curry and they had put green chillies into it and i ate one my eyes and nose was running for ages after that was toooo hooottt also
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2015, 04:03 AM

Originally Posted by Suzuki Sue ->
I love a Madras Curry, although i had a Vindaloo a long time ago and wheeeeew! it was sooooo hoootttt ... and another time i had a curry and they had put green chillies into it and i ate one my eyes and nose was running for ages after that was toooo hooottt also

No wonder, Missus Sue. But please! Do any of you truly make your OWN curries without the use of pastes, packets, tins, jars etc. Seriously?

Make your own from scratch and you will definitely enjoy them better. True, you'd have to buy all the ingredients, but please don't buy branded products like Schwartz. Go to an Asian food market and buy the following:

Fresh chillies
Turmeric
Garlic powder (or fresh)
Cayenne pepper
Garam masala
Cumin
Black pepper
Hot paprika
Fresh coriander leaves

It does take some getting used to with how much is used, but I promise it will reap benefits if you experiment with the real stuff.

I may be disremembering, but I'm sure there was a Recipe section on here at one time explaining their use. If not, either Missus Silver Tabby or I will gladly assist.
semicenturyandup
New Member!
New York, USA
semicenturyandup is female 

27-05-2015, 03:54 AM

I like medium. I don't like it when my food makes me cry. My Ex likes it that way - hot. The only time I like really hot is when I am having severe congestion. Then I put hot sauce on my tongue and close my mouth and suffer, because it works.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top