Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2015, 12:13 AM

Re: Remember these?

Candy stripe sheets. Do you still get them I wonder?
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2015, 04:29 AM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
And don't forget the stripey flannelette sheets.
Very snuggly.
Missus Morty. So good to hear from you again. I've also been absent due to almost killing meself a couple of months ago, but am recovering now.

Believe this or not, I do believe I still have stripey flannellete pillow cases stashed away somewhere.

When I was little I had a pink candlewick bed cover and I loved it.

As has been said, the days before the duvet and woollen blankets were in use before central heating, with a pretty cover over the top. Am heading back there meself now as I've no central heating and strangely enough, I still have some really ancient old blankets which I can wrap around me little legs on really cold nights.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2015, 07:12 AM

Originally Posted by Myra ->
Candy stripe sheets. Do you still get them I wonder?
Yes - you can, although they are more likely to be cotton or polycotton these days rather than flannelette.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2015, 07:15 AM

My sister and I each had a candlewick bedspread with matching candlewick dressing gowns. She liked flannelette sheets - I didn't - far too warm. My brother refused to be associated with candlewick - said it was too 'girly' !
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

06-06-2015, 07:18 AM

Does anyone remember the 'Brentford Nylons' shops and their awful non-iron nylon sheets?

My mother invested in several pairs of those - and I loathed them. Hot, sticky and so full of static that they gave off sparks when you turned over in bed!
Moyra
South East Essex
Moyra is female  Moyra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2015, 07:21 AM

Oh give me pure cotton every time!
Moyra
South East Essex
Moyra is female  Moyra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2015, 07:22 AM

Your all being posh in my childhood our outdoor over coats were thrown on the bed to keep us warm at night, those were the days of frost crystals on the windows!
ToffeeCup
Hertfordshire
ToffeeCup is female 

06-06-2015, 07:41 AM

I bought a candlewick a few years ago they are expensive but nice and light with duvet and sheet, if need extra warmth.

Candy stripe sheets lightweight flannelette - still have a couple as they're used in the folding baby cot.

Nylon sheets - still kept one as handy for covering furniture when painting.

Yes those were the days of crystals on the windows!
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2015, 09:49 AM

I worry. I see `celebs` trying to survive. I go to museums of yesteryear.

Heck I am only 61 and remember the mangle,out side buck it and chuck it loos. But if we had younger listeners-life waiting outside a telephone box.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2015, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Does anyone remember the 'Brentford Nylons' shops and their awful non-iron nylon sheets?

My mother invested in several pairs of those - and I loathed them. Hot, sticky and so full of static that they gave off sparks when you turned over in bed!
I'd forgotten about Brentford's ST. Nylon sheets were horrible

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top