Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2015, 04:22 AM

2015 - Not A Good Year

Well folks, I haven't been around here much this year but I hope that, so far, you've all been enjoying this year. For me, however, it is a very different story and some would say unbelievable, but 'tis truth.

January - my chest freezer packed in and I lost a few hundred pounds worth of food, some of which was recovered by a friend, so I had to buy a new freezer.

February - I accidentally tupped a little car whilst backing out due to a very narrow space, for which my insurance paid - first time in my driving history of 40 years that I've been involved in an insurance claim.

Mid-March - I fell badly and needed to go to A&E. I had a pneumo-thorax, albeit a very mild one, but has left me with back pain although I was told it would be okay again in 6 weeks.

End of March - I fell again due to a spasm in my back, down the stairs, resulting in my having 8 stitches to my head where I bashed it on the ceramic tiles in my hall, a dislocation of my left thumb, my little finger broke, and I split my inner lower lip.

I am now able to type more or less properly, but I've been off work since March, mainly because of the injuries to my hands and my back pain. I did lose consciousness for a time but I eventually managed to dial 999. I couldn't open the front door to the paramedics so had to push the keys through the letter box and I was bleeding badly from my head.

PLUS! Oh no, I haven't finished yet.

After the 6th week of my "house arrest" I asked for my car to be started up to make sure the battery wasn't flat but nothing happened so I phoned the RAC who told me that my ignition lock had collapsed in on itself so my car had to be towed to the garage to get that sorted.

THEN, my tumble dryer's motor burned out which could have started a fire so had to buy new and THEN, my car's indicators stopped working. This was a couple of weeks ago, and by then I was able to drive very short distances as my hands had improved a little but, without the indicators, that was another problem, but that was sorted by a very nice man who came to my house to fix that problem.

Am fed up now!
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2015, 05:01 AM

Re: 2015 - Not A Good Year

Oh dear Mollie, what a catalogue of woe. I do hope things pick up for you.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2015, 05:49 AM

You have been in the wars by the sounds of it Mollie, here's hoping your luck changes for the better PDQ .
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2015, 06:49 AM

Blimey Mollie...you poor thing!!! Hope the rest of the year is good to you.

We're still here for you. X
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2015, 07:10 AM

Oh dear - that IS a lot of bad luck. I wish you a trouble free rest of the year Mollie.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2015, 07:22 AM

Mollie what rotten luck! No wonder you're fed up. Sounds like you definitely need some lucky white heather
Old Supporter
Bedfordshire UK
Old Supporter is male  Old Supporter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2015, 08:26 AM

Look on the bright side Mollie. Things can only get better. Sooner or later your luck will change.
Best wishes
Arthur
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2015, 08:30 AM

Oh Mollie I feel for you. So sorry for your year.
Hope it gets better soon.
I also have had similar events so don't feel alone.
Fallen twice in 5 months, electrical equipment in
the kitchen gone and had to pay hundreds of pounds
for new things. So to make myself happy I keep
singing HAPPY by Pharrell Williams and try to forget
what has happened to me. Hope you recover soon and
don't feel alone. Come on here and there is always
someone to talk to.xx
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2015, 08:46 AM

Long way to go until the end of the year so hope it brightens up for you Mollie and you can look back and think so such a bad year after all.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2015, 09:14 AM

What a year Mollie! I think you should stay safely (?) indoors for the rest of 2015! . That is the kind of bad luck "Crusty" would have !

Seriously, sorry to hear you've had such bad luck, I hope that's the end of it now and you can continue to enjoy the rest of the year.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top