Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Markey1
London
Markey1 is male  Markey1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2015, 08:01 PM

Manners

Couple hour ago I was in Morrison , the lady in front of my was on her mobile, when she was being serve she still was on her phone, she didn't say please or nothing , but just said to the cashier , pack my bags , then when it was time to pay , she hand the cashier load of one pound coins and said count them , there wasn't enough coins so she give the cashier a note , worst still when it come to put her shopping bags into the trolley , as again told the cashier to do it as she was still on the phone, not once did she say thank you or please , as the cashier got up from the till to put this woman's bags into the trolley , I said to the customer , do you know what , your the rudest person I seen for a long while , she just said what ever, and told the cashier to hurry up , I said to the cashier , tell her get off the phone and put your own bags into the trolley , the cashier we get use to this , I said to the cashier don't be treated like a dog by anyone , with that couple people in the queue cheered ,,

What wrong with people these days
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2015, 08:09 PM

Re: Manners

Good for you Markey for speaking up. Some people have quite appalling manners, it is as if, look how important I am I cannot get of the phone.Bet it was just chit-chat as well. Don"t know why the shops don"t put a blanket ban on mobile phone use at checkouts. I know at my health club they do.
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2015, 08:31 PM

If i open a door for someone and they walk straight through without saying anything, i always say loudly THANK YOU!!
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2015, 08:33 PM

Manners cost nothing.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2015, 08:46 PM

Last Friday Sheila's friend, who is in the early stages of dementia, told off a young man for throwing some litter on the ground in our high street. He gave her a load of lip and walked off.
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2015, 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
Last Friday Sheila's friend, who is in the early stages of dementia, told off a young man for throwing some litter on the ground in our high street. He gave her a load of lip and walked off.

No one seems to bother anymore, we keep seeing people throwing litter from car windows.. Who are these people?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2015, 09:30 PM

Selfish people who think the world revolves around them.

Not sure who brought them up but someone failed badly with them.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2015, 09:32 PM

I have to say I noticed a steady decline in manners in a lot of the big shops in town, both sides of the counters. It’s such a pity because good manners are appreciated by everyone everywhere and they cost nothing, it’s nice to be nice as the man said.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2015, 10:44 PM

Good for you Markey1!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2015, 12:29 AM

Originally Posted by Suzuki Sue ->
No one seems to bother anymore, we keep seeing people throwing litter from car windows.. Who are these people?

Funny you should say that Sue, the very same thing was in our local paper today. It said the police are going to 'crack down' on it.
I'd like to know how . . .

Markey, I think it is extremely rude when people keep chatting on their mobiles while going through checkouts. It's also very annoying because everything takes them twice as long when only using one hand.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top