Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Cheshire Cat
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
Cheshire Cat is female  Cheshire Cat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2015, 06:35 PM

Ironing

Do you still iron your clothes?

I do, but I hear more and more of people who don't!

I had in a brief conversation with an on-line game acquaintance and when I mentioned I had a pile of ironing she told me she tried ironing once and burnt her hand!!
When I asked if someone did it for her she replied that she has no need to iron.

She lives near New York and I suspect she is an Asian lady so if she wears a sari, maybe they don't iron them?

I would love to get away with ironing but I doubt hubby would be pleased with creased shirts for work!

If anyone can give me tips of how to get away with ironing other stuff I would be pleased to receive them.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2015, 06:45 PM

Re: Ironing

Yes I iron most things and like to do so as the washing comes off the line smelling of fresh air .

My DIL only seems to iron something the moment before it is worn she has piles of unironed washing all over the place.
Victors Mate
Fondly Remembered
Planet Earth
Victors Mate is male  Victors Mate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2015, 07:09 PM

What's an iron? What does it look like?
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2015, 08:19 PM

Heres my tip for non iron , Wash on Low Temperature . And dry on hangers
Ive hardly done any ironing in the past twelve months .

When i was a Domestic for a friend she asked me to iron her husband shirts,but she said just do the fronts and collar,cause he never takes his jacket off .
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2015, 08:23 PM

I try and hang things up as soon as I can when it comes out of the dryer. I only iron things when I need to, but I put most things away. I hate a basket full of ironing. My days of ironing for five people are well and truly over
Sweetsue
midWales
Sweetsue is female  Sweetsue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2015, 08:26 PM

I certainly don't do as much as I used to. (Four men in the house + clean shirts every day). I have developed a form of "AGa ironing" which involves shaking items thoroughly as they come out of the washing machine, part drying, then careful folding and placing on the Aga covers to completely dry. I do, however, iron most of my tops...................
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2015, 08:38 PM

I iron but I still do not know how to fold a fitted sheet.
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2015, 08:48 PM

I never iron but fold when damp before hanging outside or inside depending on the weather - fold again when taken from the line, that's it! Although I recently bought a cardigan that resists all attempts to remain unironed - I may have to look for my iron!
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2015, 08:50 PM

I very rarely iron, if i tumble dry things i take them out of the dryer and shake them through and fold them straight away.
I only iron for special occasions or really stubborn creases.

The only reason why i don't iron is once you've hung them up in the wardrobe, or put them in a draw they just get creased again, your fighting a losing battle
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2015, 08:50 PM

I rarely iron unfriendly to the environment, also like my clothes tto match my face,wrinkled.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top