Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Ripple
Ripple is female  Ripple has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2017, 09:59 AM

Freezer

My freezer is jammed packed with long forgotten food .
If it's not eaten the week it's purchased somehow it gets relegated to the unloved icy depths.
I just don't fancy it and go on to a new week new purchases .
Does anyone else suffer from freezer abuse?
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2017, 10:11 AM

Re: Freezer

No ..my freezers are F.I.F.O (first in first out) filled and one is filled with new purchases and dog food the other is stuff to be used this month and day to day stuff..

Each freezer is defrosted and cleaned twice a year. That way there is nothing forgotten and they work to maximum effciency.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2017, 10:26 AM

I can honestly say my freezer is well ordered .
It has draws which helps to keep things tidy.
The top draw is new arrivals, things just made awaiting a proper place also soup,curry, all cooked meat dishes.
Draw 2 is home made bread /fresh yeast/uncooked dough for pizzas.
Draw 3 is frozen fruit from last year and peas/frozen herbs.
Draw 4 is uncooked meat /sausages/prawns all dated with the oldest at the front.

It is cleaned and defrosted every couple of months which takes about 2 hours in all. The food goes into cold boxes in the garage while it is cleaned.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2017, 10:38 AM

Freezers remind me a bit of fixed savings accounts. You keep putting in but you don't take it out for a few years!
I sometimes don't go shopping for a week and just eat what's in my freezers. I have three but they are mainly filled with vegetables and soft fruit that l grow in my garden!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2017, 10:55 AM

Ripple, don't feel guilty about it, I'm the same.
Blame it on the invention of chest freezers, I do.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2017, 12:43 PM

I put a chicken in my freezer last night and found it dead this morning
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2017, 01:19 PM

I'm just the same, Ripple. Always throwing good stuff away, or marking old meat for the foxes. The worst thing I do is freeze bread, or crumpets, and I rarely think the bread is going to be good enough. I should, I suppose, make breadcrumbs.
Cedronella
england
Cedronella is female  Cedronella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2017, 01:26 PM

I am always chucking stuff in the chest freezer in the garage and forgetting I put it there. Come to think of it I haven't seen my husband for days

Just kidding. I found something in there yesterday that was so frozen up I could not tell what it was. I might thaw it out and see what it is
Ripple
Ripple is female  Ripple has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2017, 03:14 PM

Good ... guilt gone Think it's made worse by having frost free as there is no permafrost to investigate.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2017, 03:18 PM

My freezer is small and the shelves are crammed up . The front of the draws are broken where they have stuck over the months and years ,it needs defrosting and I now feel embarrassed that I've admitted it so will definately De frost it this week .

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top