Join for free
Page 9 of 11 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 >
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2018, 02:00 PM

Re: Do you ever feel like getting away from everything?

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Long way away for a local, Sue!
I'm guessing it's either the Victoria, The New inn, The Rose & Crown or The Marine, on the seafront.

Lovely little village apart from Freeport which is a desolate temple of despair and loneliness if ever I saw one!
The Mere, the seafront, it's just a lovely place. Plus, my mother was born there.
The New Inn and Rose & Crown down to earth people and people who are friendly and understand where your at in life..
Never been to the Freeport only when it was Hornsea Pottery..
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2018, 03:07 PM

I wish I could escape sometimes
Set up a new life for myself in a faraway land...
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2018, 03:20 PM

If I could just escape my medical problems I'd be fine - much like Floydy with his work problems, I suspect.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2018, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by Suzuki Sue ->
The New Inn and Rose & Crown down to earth people and people who are friendly and understand where your at in life..
Never been to the Freeport only when it was Hornsea Pottery..
You're not missing much, It's a desperately atmosphere-free hole if ever there was one!
Roseqeen
New Member!
Lancashire UK
Roseqeen is female 

12-03-2018, 04:22 PM

Hi I did reach a stage in my life when I thought that there had to be something better out there for me so I took a drastic step and leap of faith and must say I'm in a much happier place and haven't looked back .
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2018, 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Have you ever got to the point where you have simply had enough that you want a fresh start, like you have had enough? Do you need a complete change of scene?

I feel like that nearly all the time and it gets worse as each day passes.
Every day as well mate.
I'm fed up with it over here tbh. Country is a laughing stock.

If I made a new start / change, it would not be in the UK tbh.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2018, 10:19 PM

Ha, one day it's roses and sunshine and the next day it's cloudy with a blizzard on the horizon.

Today is one of those days that it's better not to see coming...

Thankfully, from the looks of the angle of the sun, the earth is still spinning, and with all those responsibilites (and taxes ) looming...I'm not going anywhere....

Back to adulting .
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2018, 09:03 AM

That's so true Surfermom I just deal with a day at a time.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2018, 09:14 AM

I know that when Im unhappy about a situation that I feel I have no control over, my thoughts turn to flight

But running away never solves anything

Its hard having to make the changes needed to ensure your own happiness at times, esp if the changes needed are huge ones that have a knock on effect to those around us. But there really is only so long that you can tread water without cracking up.

What I have found in my own experience is that the changes needed are never as devastating as feared
AlgarveChris
New Member!
Portugal
AlgarveChris is female 

22-03-2018, 09:12 AM

Why not...be brave and take a chance. A list of what if's is not something to have when the time come. Just one life....enjoy it.

Page 9 of 11 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top