Join for free
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 > Last »
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2013, 10:59 PM

It occurred to me, while I was cutting my toe nails.

I should say, struggling, to cut my toenails. There has to be an easier way of doing this.

Fast approaching 65 , I never used to have this trouble, I certainly didn't plan to not be able to see any part of my body lurking beneath my waist.

I am at the stage where, if I successfully get down on the floor in the mistaken belief my toenails/feet will be any nearer, I start to look round and pick up any debris I knocked down there earlier.

My oh my, that chocolate bourbon under the electric chair looks yummy. Oh, it's not a chocolate bourbon, yuk.

Just one of the disadvantages of getting on in years, not that 65 is old.
Anyway, what irks you over 50's?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2013, 11:04 PM

Re: It occurred to me, while I was cutting my toe nails.

Originally Posted by Robert Junior ->
I should say, struggling, to cut my toenails. There has to be an easier way of doing this.

Fast approaching 65 , I never used to have this trouble, I certainly didn't plan to not be able to see any part of my body lurking beneath my waist.

I am at the stage where, if I successfully get down on the floor in the mistaken belief my toenails/feet will be any nearer, I start to look round and pick up any debris I knocked down there earlier.

My oh my, that chocolate bourbon under the electric chair looks yummy. Oh, it's not a chocolate bourbon, yuk.

Just one of the disadvantages of getting on in years, not that 65 is old.
Anyway, what irks you over 50's?
Your post had me laughing here Robert!

I hope you managed to cut your toenails with no mishaps
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2013, 11:08 PM

Mind wants to do it, Body says Ha Ha Ha. But in all Honesty I can still do most things I used to do...just slower.
Only thing I can't do is Kneel. No One bothered to tell me this, after I had my Knee Operations, and when I did drop down on my Knees....I think you could hear the Yelps 5 Miles away lol.
Growing Old Gracefully is not on my Agenda lol.
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2013, 11:13 PM

Eventually getting my hand in my pocket (hard to do with my arthritis) for my lighter and finding that old keyring that snapped off my key chain, the Tesco Clubcard I put there in 2005, a half eaten Murray mint, a threepence piece and two Fisherman's Friends lozenges. I then remember what I wanted to get in the first place and spend five minutes ruffling around inside the pocket only to find it was on the arm of the chair all along.
jaywalker
Hobart, Tasmania
jaywalker is female  jaywalker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2013, 01:32 AM

Toe nail cutting is definitely high on my list of increased effort required. My problem is not so much reaching down as getting past my middle region bulge!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2013, 04:52 PM

O'h God - here I go again - wiping the tears - holding me tummy !
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2013, 06:58 PM

Toe nail cutting can be dodgy at the best of times Robert so be extra careful, I use a clippers very similar to this one, the points are especially useful for the sharp side corners of the nails, as you know if these are left sharp they will grow into the flesh that sometimes overlaps the nail, then you're in trouble, a pair of clippers with good steel is a sound investment and should last a lifetime, the cheaper ones are a waste of money, It's one job you have to give your full attention to, all I'm really saying is be careful old chap.
On the lighter side I have to say that I have been blessed with wonderful feet, a joy to behold, when I'm in the process of clipping the wife drops whatever she's doing and rushes to gaze in awe at "The feet of Adonis", as she once referred to them, she always ignores the "Head of Goliath" when she's looking at the feet, yes I could fill chapters about my feet, a chiropodist's paradise, never a carbuncle, welt, wart, blister, or boil have desecrated my feet.
My old Italian friend Tony, was a Chiropodist in Rome, his business wasn't doing well and he couldn't take it, he had a breakdown was in an awful state. His wife emailed me and said "Tony is not too bad now, the doctor says that once he accepts defeet he will be back in business again."
Sorry, couldn't resist it.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2013, 07:10 PM

OB, your pocket contents reminded me of TOM SAWYER

extract "The adventures of Tom Sawyer" by Mark Twain.

Tom was literally rolling in wealth. He had besides the things before mentioned, twelve marbles,part of a jews-harp, a piece of blue bottle-glass to look through, a spool cannon, a key that wouldn’t unlock anything, a fragment of chalk, a glass stopper of a decanter, a tin soldier, a couple of tadpoles, six fire-crackers, a kitten with only one eye, a brass door-knob, a dog-collar – but no dog – the handle of a knife, four pieces of orange-peel, and a dilapidated old window sash.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK

15-01-2013, 07:26 PM

Gem, a first rate post from you, worthy of inclusion in any magazine or periodical. I googled FEET & was surprised to see so many sites listed.
Don't go there, my friend. It was a mix of aviation feet rejoicing in the heights achieved by various aircraft, and fetish sites. My oh my.

Personally I hate feet, although like yourself have splendid healthy shaped feet with long straight toes. My mother had her faults but scrimping on good footwear wasn't one of them.
Many an evening she''d struggle back home weary from her evening job at the fish & chip shop.
"There's another pound to go in the shoe money jar Robert" followed by a slap to my head.

"What are doing still up at this time of night you stupid boy"

I said she wasn't perfect..
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2013, 07:40 PM

Jem - 'HOW' would one use such 'scary' clippers, they look absolutely lethal....EEK !!
Have you thought of capturing your wonderful feet on camera and 'framing' them......Then - the missus could view them anytime....

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top