Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2014, 01:50 AM

You Are Getting Sleeepy .....

Has anyone ever undergone hypnotherapy? Do you believe it works for therapy whether psychotherapy or even just to break a habit? Some people go to try & quit smoking, for instance.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2014, 06:43 AM

Re: You Are Getting Sleeepy .....

I have never been hypnotised - but i haved used hypnotism with others to good effect.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2014, 08:58 AM

No way. I prefer to be in control at all times.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2014, 09:01 AM

Apparently I'm not that susceptible to hypnotism - people have tried it on me in the past with total failure!!!
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2014, 07:16 PM

Same with my husband but I was one time.
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2014, 07:33 PM

I have been hypnotised a few times, my OCD thing, it helped to some degree but I don't think it's as good as many people claim.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2014, 08:57 PM

My husband was a few years ago but didn't help him at all, mind I think his problems are more than you can expect hypnotherapy to cure
I had it for my spider phobia and it did help me right up until I was faced with a huge spider in the shed then I forgot everything that had been said ad simply shrieked, so not a miracle cure there either.
My MIL, and we still laugh about this, was a little hard of hearing and when the hypnotherapist was trying to get her hypnotised kept telling him to "speak up young man, stop mumbling" so not a huge success for her either.

My niece however has it for dentistry ! and has had root canal treatment with just hypnotherapy for pain relief she also used it for giving birth and it really seemed to work for her.
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario

13-04-2014, 09:22 PM

I believe some people are more susceptible to it than others.
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2014, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
My husband was a few years ago but didn't help him at all, mind I think his problems are more than you can expect hypnotherapy to cure
I had it for my spider phobia and it did help me right up until I was faced with a huge spider in the shed then I forgot everything that had been said ad simply shrieked, so not a miracle cure there either.
My MIL, and we still laugh about this, was a little hard of hearing and when the hypnotherapist was trying to get her hypnotised kept telling him to "speak up young man, stop mumbling" so not a huge success for her either.

My niece however has it for dentistry ! and has had root canal treatment with just hypnotherapy for pain relief she also used it for giving birth and it really seemed to work for her.
It seems very hit and miss but root canal treatment???!! Wouldn't risk that!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2014, 12:17 PM

I think the giving birth was the more risky LOL but she did sort of move up to it by having lesser treatments and building up her techniques. Her hypnotherapist says she is extremely susceptible to it and has advised her never to be hypnotised on stage for fun !!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top