Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2014, 02:46 PM

Re: "The wife".

LOL Jem, as long as mine says whatever he does with affection I am OK with it, some of us are easier pleased than others I think.
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2014, 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
So you see no matter what you call the wife some of them are never happy with it.
I am very happy with what my husband calls me.....and it's not 'the wife'
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2014, 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by Pats ->
I am very happy with what my husband calls me.....and it's not 'the wife'
Are you going to tell us Pats?
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2014, 03:43 PM

In all the years we've been married my wife has always been My Wife and never The Wife. It seems to me that The Wife could mean anyone's wife. " The wife is in the car which is in the garage"? No that's not My Way.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2014, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by EZ Rider ->
In all the years we've been married my wife has always been My Wife and never The Wife. It seems to me that The Wife could mean anyone's wife. " The wife is in the car which is in the garage"? No that's not My Way.
You're such a lovely man
david
Hervey Bay Australia
david is male  david has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2014, 10:50 PM

The Wife. It seems to me that The Wife could mean anyone's wife. " The wife is in the car which is in the garage"? No that's not My Way.

In my case that would be true.
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2014, 11:10 AM

I almost always refer to my wife as "The Wife" and she doesn't have a problem with it, though it is a good point about it being a one way thing.

My son-in-law never refers to my daughter as "The Wife" though, so evidently she has a problem with it
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2014, 12:47 PM

I also wouldn't want to be called 'the wife'. My husband doesn't say that.
In Canada, guys will still sometimes refer to their wives as 'my old lady' & vice versa. I thought that was hippy talk.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2014, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by AutumnColour ->
I also wouldn't want to be called 'the wife'. My husband doesn't say that.
In Canada, guys will still sometimes refer to their wives as 'my old lady' & vice versa. I thought that was hippy talk.

Not so, darlin' - that's pure cockney!!!
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2014, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by oldbugger ->
I almost always refer to my wife as "The Wife" and she doesn't have a problem with it, though it is a good point about it being a one way thing.

My son-in-law never refers to my daughter as "The Wife" though, so evidently she has a problem with it
How do you know she doesn't have a problem with it OB? Could it be that you started referring to The Wife so long ago that you've forgotten it annoyed her and she's given up all hope of you ever stopping now. Old habits die hard y'know. Go on mate, ask if she minds..i dare ya!

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top