Join for free
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2014, 11:28 AM

Another break....

Felt the need for a bit of a run away, so we packed the motorhome and cleared off as soon as the campsites opened.
Didn't go far, but used our bus passes quite a bit to visit other places.

During a short trip to Aberdeen, we discovered that 'The great Tapestry of Scotland' was on display at the city art gallery.
This is not strictly 'tapestry', but a series of 160 panels using various stitching methods to depict Scotland's history from pre history to the present day. We're going back later this week to take a proper look.

Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2014, 11:55 AM

Re: Another break....

Gosh making me jealous - still in the building stage of our campervan so no nice weekends yet ! Glad you had a nice time though !
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2014, 02:14 PM

Glad you had a nice break, George...
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2014, 03:24 PM

Yer as bad as me, nipping off for little jaunts! Cept I haven't got a camper, though would love one.
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2014, 03:58 PM

This is my 5th. Camper. I bought it new with the intention of changing it after 3 or 4 years, however I started going abroad for work and didn't have lot of time for touring. Also seemed unnecessary to change the van.

Then me and the boss took early retirement and thought, OK now we'll have time for touring. Wrong, we were busier than ever.

We're pretty well 'booked up' for summer, so we're trying to get a few breaks in at the beginning and end of the season. When we lived in Hampshire, a trip across to France was easy - now it costs a fortune just to get to Dover! Now we use the van for trips round Scotland & N England, and fly to the continent early & late year.

No real plans made, but being 'retired' we can go at sort notice.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top