Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2018, 07:45 AM

IT certainly pays to shop around,

If you have the time,

Do you shop around,for a cheaper deal?

Sainsburys Cif cream,£1.50p

Pound stretcher Cif cream,90pence.

It all adds up!.
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2018, 08:23 AM

Re: IT certainly pays to shop around,

No, I just go to whichever supermarket I happen to fancy that week. I've got about 4 within a short distance and like to vary it a bit. I don't pay any attention to individual prices really but I do choose own brand medications if I can.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2018, 09:20 AM

No I normally stick to Aldi or Morrison'[s.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2018, 09:26 AM

I dont usually shop around for my main shop..but if im in the warehouse discount shop I will buy their cheap cleaning products to keep in reserve,also any cheap tins and food in jars like jams/pickles..they often have quite a lot on offer but I skip over most of it. Im picky which stuff I buy.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2018, 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
If you have the time,

Do you shop around,for a cheaper deal?

Sainsburys Cif cream,£1.50p

Pound stretcher Cif cream,90pence.

It all adds up!.
No I don't.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2018, 09:30 AM

Well I try, Pumpkins were two for a pound in morrisons so I went there for them, they were £2 each in tesco and sainsburys. I find some things don't vary enough to worry though gluten free flour is the same virtually everywhere you go. I also think some things work better depending on supermarket, I hate morrisons self raising flour it never rises but tesco and sainsburys cheapo range are pretty consistant for the rise.

I tend to dash into morrisons for convenience it's right next door to my job so I can pop in at 8.30pm and get a few reduced bakery goods or veggies, if I need petrol I'll pop along to sainsburys which is several miles away and pop into the store see if there is anything we can't live without.

My main shop comes from tesco online because it's easier and I can't face doing a big shop and carrying up the stairs late in the evening.

We do have an aldi here but it's right over other side of the town and tbh I just can't be bothered to go all that way. I can't imagine the prices are so low I am missing much. We only once used a lidl that was awful so dirty and out of date products, I vowed never again.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2018, 09:40 AM

I'll be honest once I'm in a supermarket I just get what I need I'm aware of costs though that's why I don't go to Waitrose much.. l hate being seen off.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2018, 11:19 AM

I don't shop around, I just go to the nearest supermarket to where I happen to be. I do like the Pound shop, but the nearest one is Plymouth for me. My favourite is Asda, that nearest one is Newton Abbot. Here we have Tesco & a big Co-op. The little corner shop just down the road is a Co-op also.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2018, 11:49 AM

Yes. Always. We had very little when I was growing up and my mother shopped around. Old habits die hard and I love a bargain.
I tend to buy what I like no matter the cost if the product suits me though. I buy most of the cheaper cleaning materials as most do the same job with the same results. My clothes washing products have remained the same for many years though. I have tried cheaper brands in the past and found them wanting. I don't however throw money away but if I like something I am prepared to pay.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2018, 11:55 AM

I'd love to be able to do that but there's not enough shops way up here for me to be able to.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top