Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2010, 04:32 PM

Re: Move over rich list

Could it be red spider mites?

Not with tomatoes,aubergines and cucumbers can suffer though. Always a good idea to keep the humidity up a bit to prevent problems with spider mite as they thrive in warm,dry conditions
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2010, 08:38 PM

I wondered, as two of our Catsey members were having trouble with seedlings in their greenhouses.
val
Kent UK
val is female  val has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2010, 06:57 PM

I left my toms outside last night and yesterday, I forgot about them, I was hardening them off, they are shredded but I'm ever hopeful, I've bought them in now and fingers crossed.
fancy moving here OG I'd love to try your toms, they are a real bargain, it must cost more than that compost, time, pots etc. Your customers are very lucky.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2010, 08:56 PM

Mine have been in the ground for over a week now and are looking very good, especially after last night's needed rain. Basil and peppers looking well also but the potatoes are not up yet.... planted too deep???
PPHammer
Yorkshire, UK
PPHammer is male  PPHammer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2010, 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
Mine have been in the ground for over a week now and are looking very good, especially after last night's needed rain. Basil and peppers looking well also but the potatoes are not up yet.... planted too deep???
My sarpo mira potatoes have poked their heads above the soil - one in particular is doing very well. Did you chit your potatoes?
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA

03-05-2010, 09:52 PM

I'm not familiar with that expression, PPH ... ???

As I only have room for three hills I did what my Mom and Grandma did: let a potato get sprouty, cut it with sprouts on each piece, let it callous overnight and then plant. Worked for me last year .....
PPHammer
Yorkshire, UK
PPHammer is male  PPHammer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2010, 10:02 PM

chit - means to let them sprout a bit before planting. Some people do, some don't. I took my brothers advice and did. You already did it though
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA

03-05-2010, 10:16 PM

Ah, thanks! I like learning a new word.
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2010, 05:19 PM

I forgot about them,

Now that is just plain naughty-but tomatoes are not as soft as you might think so as long as they are not actually dead some tlc for a day or two could work wonders.

And we do know your neck of the woods-my wife went to Canterbury University and I adore Whitstable oysters.

Some of my customers are not lucky-they are sensible,why buy rubbish from a GC when folks like us are around??

I cover my costs and make a few shillings-and it pays for my `habit`-I`m a tomaholic
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA

04-05-2010, 09:37 PM

OG, I'd buy from you if I could: good healthy plants, well grown, excellent choices and extremely reasonable prices. But, I think I'd actually miss the annual ritual of starting them from seed and watching the miracle of growth. Tiny little seed in March, large plant loaded with delicious fruit in August. Guess I'm hooked on it.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top