Join for free
Page 3 of 28 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2018, 08:51 PM

Re: Had enough of the UK

Originally Posted by d00d ->
There's absolutely nothing new about Brits becoming expats because they are discontent at home. Millions have done it in the last 50 odd years.

In my experience the happy successful ones love and respect their homeland.
Sadly, I no longer feel this way.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2018, 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
it doesn't feel like home to us anymore In an ideal world, I would have the money to buy a place abroad and a small house here for when we come back for a short visit to see family. I will never leave the UK as long as my father is alive, he needs me and I need him.
Yes, family keeps people in this country. I know how close you are to your lovely Dad LQ.
One of my Bil's left this country 12 yrs ago, he has never returned, But, tells me that he may change his mind.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2018, 08:53 PM

There's absolutely nothing new about Brits becoming expats because they are discontent at home. Millions have done it in the last 50 odd years.

In my experience the happy successful ones love and respect their homeland.
A lot of expats who moved to such as spain in the past went abroad for the weather too, not necessarily for discontent at home.

I am disillusioned with this country, I can't see it getting any better. I do hope I am wrong and would be happy to be so.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2018, 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->
Sadly, I no longer feel this way.
That is fine, fender, BUT, always have a plan B.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2018, 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
A lot of expats who moved to such as spain in the past went abroad for the weather too, not necessarily for discontent at home.

I am disillusioned with this country, I can't see it getting any better. I do hope I am wrong and would be happy to be so.
Same.

But I just cannot see it atm.
It's getting progressively worse, not better.

We appear to have gone from a country with the "British Bulldog Spirit" to a bunch of appeasing weak namby pambies.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2018, 09:03 PM

I always wanted to retire to Kalkan in Turkey... that's not very likely with the present political regime there these days.. I really used to love Turkey though and I even looked at property there some years ago... thankfully I didn't buy because I think I would have lost money … that's for sure.

I think if I moved abroad now to somewhere like Spain I wouldn't buy I would long term rent . No chance or it happening though for complicated personal reasons.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2018, 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I always wanted to retire to Kalkan in Turkey... that's not very likely with the present political regime there these days.. I really used to love Turkey though and I even looked at property there some years ago... thankfully I didn't buy because I think I would have lost money … that's for sure.

I think if I moved abroad now to somewhere like Spain I wouldn't buy I would long term rent . No chance or it happening though for complicated personal reasons.
They have big cockroaches in Spain shudders
my worst nightmare....
http://www.theolivepress.es/spain-ne...n-this-summer/
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2018, 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
They have big cockroaches in Spain shudders
my worst nightmare....
http://www.theolivepress.es/spain-ne...n-this-summer/

Yuk... shudders and crosses Spain off the list
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2018, 09:16 PM

.... unhappy brexiters on this thread.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire

12-08-2018, 09:18 PM

.... unhappy brexiters on this thread.
and? People decide to leave for all sorts of reasons Dood… the political situation is as good as any,... its allowed

Page 3 of 28 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top