Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2020, 10:21 PM

Turkey Lurkey

Do you have it on Christmas Day ?
I do as I love it TBH
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2020, 10:31 PM

Re: Turkey Lurkey

Always - and at Easter - and on my birthday!
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2020, 10:33 PM

Can't abide the stuff and it smells vile (to me) as it's cooking.

A nice shoulder of pork does for me.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2020, 10:33 PM

No - I can't even look at it Apricot. Any mention of turkey always takes me back to about 6/7 yrs ago.

Miss Madam and I went out for Christmas Lunch and the plate was heaving with food in great mounds, including piles of turkey. We didn't eat half of our meals, it was just so overpowering and sickly having plates that full.
Since that day, I never want to see or taste turkey again.

We did mention to whoever how full the plates were and apologised for leaving such huge amounts. The person said they had a new chef and quite a few people had left half of their meals.

What a waste. I remember it cost a bloody fortune too.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2020, 09:53 AM

We usually buy a turkey crown, plus beef or lamb for those who prefer it. Since there will be only the two of us this year, it will be the turkey crown only.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2020, 09:57 AM

We would normally have a turkey crown if we were having company, but it'll be a chicken this year for the two of us and there will be plenty left for making into chicken and leek pies then for the freezer.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2020, 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
We would normally have a turkey crown if we were having company, but it'll be a chicken this year for the two of us and there will be plenty left for making into chicken and leek pies then for the freezer.
The leftover meat goes into curries. I like a Madras (hot) curry and it could be any sort of meat in that. The taste is drowned out by the curry sauce. Still good for protein purposes though.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2020, 10:25 AM

I like a curry Mart but never any hotter than a korma, I like the taste but find the heat completely unnecessary and it ruins it for me. I have often wondered about curries, why they are sometimes made with quite delicately flavoured meat such as prawns for instance, when no taste of the meat is ever going to shine through the intense taste of the spices anyway...
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2020, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
No - I can't even look at it Apricot. Any mention of turkey always takes me back to about 6/7 yrs ago.

Miss Madam and I went out for Christmas Lunch and the plate was heaving with food in great mounds, including piles of turkey. We didn't eat half of our meals, it was just so overpowering and sickly having plates that full.
Since that day, I never want to see or taste turkey again.

We did mention to whoever how full the plates were and apologised for leaving such huge amounts. The person said they had a new chef and quite a few people had left half of their meals.

What a waste. I remember it cost a bloody fortune too.
You could have done what people do at all the best Christmas lunches and lobbed the excess turkey across the restaurant, hitting the waiter in the back of the head.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2020, 10:53 AM

I was intending to have beef for Christmas for just the two of us but have since changed my mind.

I’ve now decided to buy a small turkey crown instead, at least it will add a little bit of Christmas atmosphere to this difficult year.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top