Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Jane10
United Kingdom
Jane10 is female 

07-02-2021, 02:20 PM

Re: Not Tight

We don't live in a modern house so haven't updated heating system. It works well enough for us. We're well hard!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2021, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Never use the Timer Tregonsee, we aren't here most of the time, that's why something like a Hive would be useless, if its cold when we come in, we put the Gas Fire on and the heating, then turn the fire off after a quarter hour or so
'Ere Spitty, have you been visited by three ghosts yet?

LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2021, 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Being an early riser, never think to put Central Heating on before the rest of the family awaken. At 5.30am this morning, got up put trousers on, tee shirt, zip up cardie, woolly hat, lightweight jacket, trainers, and off we go, telly on, and puter.
This is not a financially motived (or Green) decision, its just a habit, but must be saving a few quid, and indirectly helping the planet.

Try it it yourselves.
I prefer comfort from the moment I leave my bed to start my day off with a prebreakfast shower. Our heating goes to night setback at 10pm so that it has started to cool off by around midnight bedtime. The switch to full heating mode is taken care of by optimum start control and very efficient it is too. I could explain how it works, but that link should give you an idea of it's control :thumbup:

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top