Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2021, 01:59 PM

Re: False Nails.

Originally Posted by Cass ->
I dont like people with long or false nails that are all showy and glittery, they just look dirty to me. If they are normal lookng and pretty plain polish ok..

My daughter had nails done to help her get over her nail biting habit (didnt work) and to look decent at a job interview.

Personally for my lifestyle they wouldnt work. I know I would get them caught up somewhere.

Men with long nails....bleh nasty

I wonder why some men have long fingernails,I have seen a few in my time,
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2021, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
I wonder why some men have long fingernails,I have seen a few in my time,
Could be they play guitar, maybe? Fingernails instead of using a plectrum?
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2021, 02:06 PM

I also used to wear lash extensions, because I liked the look of them on a friend, you had them infilled every two weeks, I lasted 3 months with them, they are permanently stuck on to your own eyelashes, with glue, by a beautician ,they drove me crazy,they fell off naturally, another thing with them, you can end up losing your own eyelashes, the glue made my eyes itch like Henry, I’ve left vanity at home ,it can cost you dearly...I only wear lipstick now, and tinted moisturiser , I can’t stand thick make up.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

09-02-2021, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by Bathsheba ->
Could be they play guitar, maybe? Fingernails instead of using a plectrum?

Actually, one guy my son knew ,had one long fingernail to play his guitar.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

09-02-2021, 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
No, Pauline, I do not like false nails. I grow mine to whatever length I want them and do use nail varnish if I am going out for a night out ( remember those?) but I always take it off again before going to bed. Would never varnish my toenails.
ST, I used to permanently wear nail varnish on my toenails,I think that’s how I ended up with fungal toenails, as my nails couldn’t breath,
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

09-02-2021, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by Petra ->
I wear false nails because, 1, I like them 2, because my nails are rubbish.
They are what you have for a normal size length.
As for gardening with them. I do my garden and 2 others plus another as and when needed. Nothing destroys them.
What you need to know is that there are different salons. Most use cheaper products. You have to find one that uses good quality glues etc.
Petra, if they make you happy, it doesn’t matter what others think,
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

09-02-2021, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by Bathsheba ->
I used to wear them many, many moons ago. I recall a night in a dark smoky club, lit only by those ultra violet bulbs that were so popular back in the sixties (remember all the fellahs in suits with all the dandruff on their shoulders in plain view? )

Anyway, there was this bloke I fancied something rotten, and he was there that night. We were all talking (shouting over the music) and laughing at something he'd said - I affectedly put my hand on his shoulder as I laughed (come on, I was 17, cut me some slack!), and three of my white painted false nails came off, clinging to his purple mohair sweater. OMG, how embarrassing! All my friends were convulsed with laughter as I crept around behind him trying to retrieve them without him realising

😂🤣😅....that brought back memories,when I used to wear false eyelashes, I was kissing a boyfriend,one of them fell off!!....😂🤣😅
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

09-02-2021, 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by Minx ->
I don’t wear false nails as I am blessed with nice natural nails and cuticles so I grow my own nails and I have them overlayed with gel nail polish at a nail salon. I usually do a manicure and pedicure at the same time.

I have a short/medium length as it suits my lifestyle. See picture attached.

Attachment 14740

You have beautiful nails,Minx, personally,I think they would look nicer with a natural nail varnish....that pink covers up the beauty of the nails, just my opinion,
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2021, 02:21 PM

One other fashion I loathe is the one where the nails are squared off and just the tips painted white - looks revolting!
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

09-02-2021, 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
One other fashion I loathe is the one where the nails are squared off and just the tips painted white - looks revolting!
Absolutely......as fake as fake can be.

Says she, who was once the fakest female on the planet....😂🤣😅...me that is..,

I used to look like a clown....everyone used to tell me I looked better without it, did I listen..” nope”.....I was very young though...

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top