Join for free
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2021, 05:35 AM

Absolutely crazy

A friend of mine wants to come to visit me in Mexico. HUGE PROBLEM. There are no flights (from the west coast) DIRECT to Tijuana. All flights MUST first go through Mexico City , then on to Tijuana. All flights from California, fly nearly directly over Tijuana and southward to Mexico City AND have at least a 5 hour layover in Mexico City, and ONLY THEN FLY BACK NORTH TO TIJUANA
That's like if you lived in Liverpool and wanted to take a short hop to London, they would require you to go first thru Glasgow.
I swear, it world is plain nuts.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2021, 08:17 AM

Re: Absolutely crazy

I hope you get to see your friend Bakerman.
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2021, 06:35 PM

Totally bonkers. I hope you manage to get together somehow
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2021, 09:46 PM

American airlines companies are not regulated, so their goal is to make money. There is a lot of market research that goes into planning flight routes and cost-effectiveness that includes the number of people who fly, landing and take-off fees, gate leasing fees, (sometimes) international fees, fuel costs of short vs. long runs, etc. I know it sounds counter-intuitive, but it can be cheaper for an airline to fly a CA-Mexico City-Tiajuna route on a macro scale than a from a CA city to Tijuana.

Regardless, I hope it works out for your friend. There is always driving, but that good insurance rule still reigns.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top