Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2021, 01:36 PM

Kayaking

With spring in full swing, my daughter and I are have started kayaking again. We alternate between light cruising and hard paddling.

I have enjoyed others' photos of their recent outings and thought I would share a few from here.

This river and estuary open to the Gulf of Mexico and abundant shrimp fishing. This boat leaves around eleven every evening looking eerie - lights aglow, moving almost silently every night:

Legacy oaks are typically covered with ferns, Spanish moss, and other epiphytes:

Summer house, complete with fireplace and area for dining. I never see anyone use it:

One of many branches of the river. Before the hurricane, this dock and boardwalk stretched across the river, but was damaged in the storm, making paddling right up to the headwater accessible:

An sailboat abandoned in the hurricane last year. It is still seaworthy and free for the taking, waiting for the right enterprising teen or twenty something to take it.

Paddling downriver. Island straight ahead.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2021, 01:42 PM

Re: Kayaking

Hi

Lovely photos.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2021, 01:48 PM

Looks great fun in a lovely spot SM
I hope to have a go at Kayaking sometime with my oldest grandson on the River Wye .
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2021, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Looks great fun in a lovely spot SM
I hope to have a go at Kayaking sometime with my oldest grandson on the River Wye .
Meg, the only trick at all is getting in and out of the thing. Make sure you have the arm of someone steady to help you in and out. Otherwise, it is incredibly easy and loads of fun!
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States

15-05-2021, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Lovely photos.
Thank you. It was a gorgeous day!
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2021, 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Meg, the only trick at all is getting in and out of the thing. Make sure you have the arm of someone steady to help you in and out. Otherwise, it is incredibly easy and loads of fun!
I was going to say you must be very fit.
It does look great fun and good for de-stressing. Exercise and enjoying beautiful scenery.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States

15-05-2021, 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
I was going to say you must be very fit.
It does look great fun and good for de-stressing. Exercise and enjoying beautiful scenery.
Ha, thanks, Morti.

Exercise never feels like exercise when it's done outdoors!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2021, 03:09 PM

The scenery and river look very inviting for water sports, Surfermom.

It looks great fun....
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States

15-05-2021, 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
The scenery and river look very inviting for water sports, Surfermom.

It looks great fun....
It's is great fun, thank you! We also enjoy standup paddle boarding out back, but I am a little wary of snakes, so we do more of that on the gulf side.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2021, 05:31 PM

Hi

Not a great one for kayaking, here in the UK you have to choose your location carefully.

I have fond memories of Sarasota Airport Landings with my two littlies feeding the manatees by throwing them lettuce.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top