Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2021, 03:24 PM

Re: Hello from Sweden or as we say Hej från Sverige!

Hello and welcome to the forum.
Mrs Zaphod has family in Sweden but I've not visited yet .... Vastervik I'm told.

Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2021, 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Thanks for the warning! My sister loves smoked salmon so I may use that instead of Anchovies and have a glass of white wine!
Oh no! It's all about the anchovies! Though I can imagine it would be lovely with smoked salmon as well, but a very different dish. You must report back Twink
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2021, 05:31 PM

Hello Ullabi welcome to this splendid forum and long may you enjoy your membership in here. I married my darling wife 54yrs ago and her family are from Stockholm and although we have never visited, she keeps in contact. When I can fathom it out, I'll send you a friends request, but I've not managed to send one yet, so fingers crossed that on this occasion I have been successful
Ullabi
Ullabi is female 

22-05-2021, 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by Bathsheba ->
Oh no! It's all about the anchovies! Though I can imagine it would be lovely with smoked salmon as well, but a very different dish. You must report back Twink
I agree with Bathsheba, it's not Janssons if it doesn't have anchovies. Never tried it with smoked salmon so you must tell us Twink.
Ullabi
Ullabi is female 

22-05-2021, 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by LongDriver ->
Hello Ullabi welcome to this splendid forum and long may you enjoy your membership in here. I married my darling wife 54yrs ago and her family are from Stockholm and although we have never visited, she keeps in contact. When I can fathom it out, I'll send you a friends request, but I've not managed to send one yet, so fingers crossed that on this occasion I have been successful
How interesting. Was your wife born in Stockholm ? I'll check for your friends request
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2021, 01:15 PM

Ulla I have just read your profile and want to say how much I admire you, having read about your argument with a truck.
I am always proud of myself because I am diabetic yet beat aggressive cancer & have been clear for 10 years; but I don't think I am nearly as brave as you must have been.
I always have admiration for people who can adapt, when accidents or ill health make changes to their lives, but you have surprised me! You seem to be happy, confident and have lots of interesting conversation, so I am pleased that you chose to join us.

I hope to hear a lot more from you.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2021, 02:40 PM

Hi Ulla welcome to the forum.

Waving at you from Yorkshire, England

LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2021, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by Ullabi ->
How interesting. Was your wife born in Stockholm ? I'll check for your friends request
My wife was born in England to Swedish parents. They came over just before WWII with one son to escape growing tensions creeping in from other lands against Jews, or at least that is what we were told. Being a lifetime ago, we cannot now be certain of this as the reason, but it is definately plausible.
Even now in this day and age, antisemitism often rears it's ugly head in England and that is truly sad
Ullabi
Ullabi is female 

23-05-2021, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Ulla I have just read your profile and want to say how much I admire you, having read about your argument with a truck.
I am always proud of myself because I am diabetic yet beat aggressive cancer & have been clear for 10 years; but I don't think I am nearly as brave as you must have been.
I always have admiration for people who can adapt, when accidents or ill health make changes to their lives, but you have surprised me! You seem to be happy, confident and have lots of interesting conversation, so I am pleased that you chose to join us.

I hope to hear a lot more from you.
Thank you Twink, though I have to admit that I don’t regard myself as being brave or out of the ordinary. Congratulations on beating cancer, I know what a tough journey that can be
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2021, 12:34 AM

I've just come across this thread. Welcome Ullabi!

You've reminded me of when, many years ago, Marge and I visited Sweden at the invitation of Stefan, a friend of ours who we first met whilst working in Saudi Arabia.

We hired some bicycles and Stefan suggested that, whilst we were out and about, we should shout "Hey" (or that's how it sounded to us! Perhaps 'Hej'?), which we did.

It felt so strange, shouting that to complete strangers throughout our journey, yet every one of them responded "Hej!" to us.
I suppose that we 'withdrawn' English people tend not to do that sort of thing! However, it shows just how friendly you Swedes are, I think.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top