Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2021, 05:56 PM

Re: American barbeque

Never been to America, Bakerman, not likely to now. Have tried various types of barbecued food - meat, poultry, even fish - cooked over charcoal, cooked with gas, etc., and just don't like it - my neighbours sometimes have a barbecue and the smell of it just turns my stomach.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2021, 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Am I the only person on the planet who finds the sight, the smell and the taste of Barbecued food completely loathsome?
Yep....
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2021, 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
Yep....
OK - I'll fetch my coat!
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2021, 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Never been to America, Bakerman, not likely to now. Have tried various types of barbecued food - meat, poultry, even fish - cooked over charcoal, cooked with gas, etc., and just don't like it - my neighbours sometimes have a barbecue and the smell of it just turns my stomach.
Ah, I suspect it's the smoke smell you object to.
Suggestion: try this. It's not REAL BBQ but it does create a very, very nice flavor.

Bake chicken pieces in your oven. When the skin is brown and crispy, ONLY THEN brush on a bottled BBQ sauce. Bake for another few minutes to dry out the BBQ sauce a bit. Just don't over bake the chicken.

If you try this, please let me know what you think. Ok ? BBQ'd or BAKED chicken with BBQ sauce is traditional served with potato salad, baked beans, and often FRESH, corn on the cob smothered in butter.

Gee. I sure do wish I could cook it for you.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2021, 08:35 PM

Love BBQ. My favourite thing is cedar plank salmon with dill & shallots.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

02-06-2021, 10:05 PM

Just the thought of barbecue in any form - sight, smell, taste, sauce makes me heave!

For those who like it - make the most of the weather - and enjoy.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2021, 10:20 PM

Thank you Tabby Cat. I will.
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2021, 01:46 PM

I bought some Jamie Oliver sausages for the barbecue this weekend, read the instructions, it said ‘prick with a fork’ no argument with that…

Sorry…nicked that from a military forum..
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2021, 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by Vlad ->
I bought some Jamie Oliver sausages for the barbecue this weekend, read the instructions, it said ‘prick with a fork’ no argument with that…

Sorry…nicked that from a military forum..

Bless the little bouffanted buffoon with the weirdly named children.
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2021, 09:23 PM

I had to look them up…poor buggers…
Poppy Honey Rosie, age 17, born March 2002
Daisy Boo Pamela, age 16, born April 2003
Petal Blossom Rainbow, age 10, born April 2009
Buddy Bear Maurice, age 9, born September 2010
River Rocket, age 3, August 2016

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top