Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2021, 06:14 PM

Pictures or videos or both?

Don't get me wrong I can well understand people wanting to take a picture for whatever reason I do it myself

What I don't get is why? why not take it a step further and do some videos as well.

Ok it is my hobby horse at the moment, but the more I get into it the more I realise how restricting a photograph is.
By restricting I mean you are stuck with just that one view, no idea what is the area like what is happening etc.

Take for example you make make a plain cake. Next time you may want to add more ingredients into it to make it more appealing. making the same day in day out does not stretch the imagination. Same with going from stills to video, it is the next step

Most modern cameras and camera phones are quite capable of making a video but many people don't bother. So why buy something and not use it to its full potential?

One objection I often see is a camcorder costs a lot of money. Where this comes from I have no idea. On Amazon there is quite a choice for around the £20 mark so that is no excuse

I only wish they were available when my Gran was alive, all I have is an old black and white photo I took with my Brownie 127 as a child, How much nicer it would have been to hear and see her walking and talking, but that is never to be.

Taking a video is not just for you but for generations that come after. In that example I gave really makes me think.

Ok if people want to stick with just taking a photo that is up to them ,but I hope they also realise how much they are missing.

The digital age is here, not like before when you had to buy rolls of film then pay to get then developed in the hope a good percentage come out ok. Now you can take as many as you like with no extra costs involved. Same with making a video you can keep or delete at no cost

What you can't do with a photo is put a rolling title on it as you can with a video , with a photo you can't add a voice on it, with a video you can.

I honestly believe many still live in the "dark" photographic age when there was no choice.

Being able to watch again and again video of the places I have been to I think is far more enjoyable than looking at a photo then sticking it in a draw only to come out one or twice.

Ok I have rambled on a bit but maybe just maybe give a litle food for thought

Fireboat showing off

Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2021, 06:34 PM

Re: Pictures or videos or both?

Why do you assume that no one makes videos? I know you have only just discovered it but video cameras including digital ones have been around for many years now.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2021, 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Why do you assume that no one makes videos? I know you have only just discovered it but video cameras including digital ones have been around for many years now.
It is your assumptions that are wong

if you care to check my youtube channel it goes back 10 years and those are the only ones I posted. I took many more years before that, but in my olpinion not that great to actually post.
This is the first I put on youtube 10 years ago but taken a good few years beforehand

Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2021, 06:42 PM

Realspeed. I understand that you are loving the video aspect, and seeing what extra life it can bring to a picture, but not everyone is as keen on it as you are, and not everyone wants to share their stuff in the same way as you do. If I may say so (without sounding rude) you are coming across as a tad judgemental when you say that people still live in the dark ages with photography. I enjoy some of the videos you put up, and I understand you want others to share in your hobby, and....I can't speak for others - but I don't want to make videos!!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2021, 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Realspeed. I understand that you are loving the video aspect, and seeing what extra life it can bring to a picture, but not everyone is as keen on it as you are, and not everyone wants to share their stuff in the same way as you do. If I may say so (without sounding rude) you are coming across as a tad judgemental when you say that people still live in the dark ages with photography. I enjoy some of the videos you put up, and I understand you want others to share in your hobby, and....I can't speak for others - but I don't want to make videos!!
A tad patronising too.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

15-06-2021, 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
It is your assumptions that are wong

if you care to check my youtube channel it goes back 10 years and those are the only ones I posted. I took many more years before that, but in my olpinion not that great to actually post.
This is the first I put on youtube 10 years ago but taken a good few years beforehand
Your assumption is wrong that every one on here lives in the dark because they haven't thought of making a video before you mentioned it.

If you wish to post your videos, just post them. There's no need to use fake questions in order to a get response or to lecture people.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2021, 06:50 PM

Don't get me wrong I can well understand people wanting to take a picture for whatever reason I do it myself

What I don't get is why? why not take it a step further and do some videos as well.

Ok it is my hobby horse at the moment, but the more I get into it the more I realise how restricting a photograph is.
By restricting I mean you are stuck with just that one view, no idea what is the area like what is happening etc.

Take for example you make make a plain cake. Next time you may want to add more ingredients into it to make it more appealing. making the same day in day out does not stretch the imagination. Same with going from stills to video, it is the next step

Most modern cameras and camera phones are quite capable of making a video but many people don't bother. So why buy something and not use it to its full potential?

One objection I often see is a camcorder costs a lot of money. Where this comes from I have no idea. On Amazon there is quite a choice for around the £20 mark so that is no excuse

I only wish they were available when my Gran was alive, all I have is an old black and white photo I took with my Brownie 127 as a child, How much nicer it would have been to hear and see her walking and talking, but that is never to be.

Taking a video is not just for you but for generations that come after. In that example I gave really makes me think.

Ok if people want to stick with just taking a photo that is up to them ,but I hope they also realise how much they are missing.

The digital age is here, not like before when you had to buy rolls of film then pay to get then developed in the hope a good percentage come out ok. Now you can take as many as you like with no extra costs involved. Same with making a video you can keep or delete at no cost

What you can't do with a photo is put a rolling title on it as you can with a video , with a photo you can't add a voice on it, with a video you can.

I honestly believe many still live in the "dark" photographic age when there was no choice.

Being able to watch again and again video of the places I have been to I think is far more enjoyable than looking at a photo then sticking it in a draw only to come out one or twice.

Ok I have rambled on a bit but maybe just maybe give a litle food for thought

Fireboat showing off

That's rather an insulting remark about people, RS. You probably don't like the interests other members here are interested in so why should they change to what you do?

I am quite satisfied taking photos with my iPad than my camera and I'm quite happy with that. I'm not at all interested in videos except at weddings and babies growing up. I'm quite content with my holiday pictures, they hold all my memories of wonderful holidays and I can picture them all in my mind.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

15-06-2021, 06:59 PM

the thread heading is Leisure & Interests and Other Leisure Activities

So what is wrong with expressing a keen interest in a subject without being so called "patronising"? you can't have one without the other appearing to come across as such.
One does not have to "share"as put meaning on youtube, but to be able to keep is somethikng else

LD
One thing I would also point out I was taking movies long before digital videos with this 8 mm molvie camera

Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

15-06-2021, 07:01 PM

the thread heading is Leisure & Interests and Other Leisure Activities

So what is wrong with expressing a keen interest in a subject without being so called "patronising"? you can't have one without the other appearing to come across as such.
One does not have to "share"as put meaning on youtube, but to be able to keep is somethikng else

LD
One thing I would also point out I was taking movies long before digital videos with this 8 mm molvie camera
Realspeed, so was I
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

15-06-2021, 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
That's rather an insulting remark about people, RS. You probably don't like the interests other members here are interested in so why should they change to what you do?

I am quite satisfied taking photos with my iPad than my camera and I'm quite happy with that. I'm not at all interested in videos except at weddings and babies growing up. I'm quite content with my holiday pictures, they hold all my memories of wonderful holidays and I can picture them all in my mind.
here we go yet again I never mention the word members only people in general. Please show me where I ever mention the word members

Like LD making assumptions about only being interested in videos recently

Sorry but it is annoying when things are read "between the lines" and not actually written

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top