Join for free
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2021, 08:04 PM

Re: First time on a plane..

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Never flown in a plane, ever. Don't want to either.
Does walking onto Concorde count, she wasn't going anywhere she was grounded.

Hah, I did that too, Tiff.
Concorde was grounded at Duxford in about 1982.

The only time I have actually flown in a plane was as a teenager on honeymoon to Malta.
I have no desire to fly anywhere nowadays.

All the tea in China would not get me in a hot air balloon either.
Ullabi
Ullabi is female 

29-06-2021, 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Wonder why? The fear of being in the air?
Or maybe the fear of not being in the air as long as you should be.

Remember flying isn’t dangerous - crashing’s dangerous
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2021, 08:05 PM

first flight if I remember correctly was to lloret de mar in Spain. Sue and I went and we were not even engaged ? or don't think so at the time. Her mother insisted on single beds in the hotel and wanted proof. Some chance.

So got on the plane and the air stewardess asked if I was ok . I said I was a bit worried as it was my first flight. Lovely lady asked what worried me.
I said those people down there look like ants, she said they are ants we have not taken off yet. Flown to a lot of countries since then
Ullabi
Ullabi is female 

29-06-2021, 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
[/B]The only time I have actually flown in a plane was as a teenager on honeymoon to Malta.

Aaww, teen bride Mups?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2021, 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
Possibly but maybe not, I am the same and it's not a fear being in the air. Not having a passport means I probably never can fly in a plane.

Although I wouldn't mind a flight in a helicopter!

I remember my parents and I took my son for a helicopter ride when he was little.
The pilot thought he would make it more exciting for the little boy and did some swooping about.
It didn't have the desired affect. My son was terrified and white as a sheet, poor kid!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

29-06-2021, 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by Ullabi ->
Aaww, teen bride Mups?

Yes, I was Ullabi.

I saw everything through rose tinted glasses in those days.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2021, 08:25 PM

Possibly but maybe not, I am the same and it's not a fear being in the air. Not having a passport means I probably never can fly in a plane.

I remember my parents and I took my son for a helicopter ride when he was little.
The pilot thought he would make it more exciting for the little boy and did some swooping about.
It didn't have the desired affect. My son was terrified and white as a sheet, poor kid!
It's very strange but I have no wish to fly in a fixed wing plane but for some reason a helicopter flight interests me. I would also not enjoy something like the roller coasters at Thorpe Park and yet driving at speed in cars and on motorbikes I really do enjoy!
Ullabi
Ullabi is female 

29-06-2021, 08:29 PM

I’ve done both. Helicopter flight was over the Grand Canyon absolutely fantastic.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2021, 08:42 PM

All the tea in China would not get me in a hot air balloon either.
Aww c'mon...I'll go with you!
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2021, 08:42 PM

Is there a reason you don't have a passport? Just curious.
The nature of my job meant quite a lot of travelling. Mostly commercial flights but I also had a few local aircraft (Cessna) and a few helicopter trips on oil rigs.

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top