Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2021, 12:38 PM

Bottles of Lager & Sell By Dates!

There was a crate of bottled Lager, in the corner of my Patio.

It had been there, because it wasn't what the Lager drinkers wanted, for well over a year!

The sell by date/ use by dates were long past.

I took it all down to the Bottle Bank, at Sainsbury's.

Having thrown some empty bottles into the bins, I thought I'd better not put the sealed bottles in because who knows what all that lager would do if released.

So I stood it all, on the floor, next to the right bin.

10 minutes later, I swung by that bin, driving out of the car park, and noticed a whole group pf people gathered around the bottles & pushing and shoving to grab them.

I was going to shout that it was all well out of date, but I realised that bottles are easy to throw so I drove off.

Maybe I did it wrong?
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2021, 12:41 PM

Re: Bottles of Lager & Sell By Dates!

You made a few people happy today, Ted. That is never a wrong thing. You can't account for other peoples actions.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2021, 12:43 PM

It’d be ok to drink, I would have chanced it, after all wine, whiskey ect, are all better with age
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2021, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
You made a few people happy today, Ted. That is never a wrong thing. You can't account for other peoples actions.
My neighbour says that, when he goes to a Charity party, where there is a raffle, he often finds that the prizes are past their use by dates.

Clearly the way some get rid of that sort of stuff!
Tedc
Berkshire, UK

03-07-2021, 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
It’d be ok to drink, I would have chanced it, after all wine, whiskey ect, are all better with age
Spirits I would agree with, but old beer is 'orrible!

Wine might be OK if sealed.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2021, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
My neighbour says that, when he goes to a Charity party, where there is a raffle, he often finds that the prizes are past their use by dates.

Clearly the way some get rid of that sort of stuff!
Well that doesn't seem very fair, fobbing off old stuff for charity.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2021, 01:31 PM

Would out of date beer or lager be ok to use in cooking?
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK

03-07-2021, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Err, I wouldn't. I mean, there's probably nothing wrong with it apart from being a bit stale and flat, but why would you want to?
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2021, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
That all depends on how desperate you were!
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2021, 01:39 PM

Clearing out my caravan prior to selling it, I came across half a dozen cans of real ale in a corner under the sink - three of Speckled Hen, and three of Old Goblin - all of which were four years out of date. As a check, I drank one of the cans (the Speckled Hen) and it wasn't half bad. The flavour had been retained, as had the body. I ended up drinking the lot (not at the same time, I hasten to add), and all were as good as the day they were canned.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top