Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2021, 03:56 PM

Re: Those Naughty Chinese

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
And...in all this stuff youre on about like how we should be shivering in fear and " knowing our place" with regard to China...What are you forgetting?...What is the one really fundamental thing that you never mention...or even think about for that matter. Seriously...what have you missed Basil?...when you ta lk about Australia and " Australians".?
Well, apart from the fact that you know nothing about my country.
I believe that many/most Australians are overlooking the likelihood that if the fan gets hit the assistance from other countries will be limited to verbiage only.

I can't see ANY western nations providing any physical support. China has far too much power on every level to risk direct involvement.

The best solution to this apparently escalating situation is apologise to the Chinese government, pull your neck in, and behave.

YOU might be proud of Australia (god knows why) but other people see your country in a more mature light.

Australia is just a big Island, sparsely populated for very good reasons, an is apparently trying to box WAY above its weight.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2021, 05:54 PM

Apologise to China for what?...exactly?....Like i said before..detail....references....substance...But first..again..what are you missing? You know everthing about Australia..what? Get off your stupid boring arse and do some real homework.
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2021, 08:13 PM

I like the Chinese they will eat anything, if we could convince them that Jihadists’ testicles are an aphrodisiac, in 10 years they could be extinct ... I should be in sales ..
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2021, 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
I believe that many/most Australians are overlooking the likelihood that if the fan gets hit the assistance from other countries will be limited to verbiage only.

I can't see ANY western nations providing any physical support. China has far too much power on every level to risk direct involvement.

The best solution to this apparently escalating situation is apologise to the Chinese government, pull your neck in, and behave.

YOU might be proud of Australia (god knows why) but other people see your country in a more mature light.

Australia is just a big Island, sparsely populated for very good reasons, an is apparently trying to box WAY above its weight.
If they Australians do as you suggest Bodger, the Chinese will just get to the west faster than ever. Sure as eggs is eggs, once China starts it will keep going......... world domination? partnership with Russia? whatever the case, it most certainly won't stop with swallowing Australia............anyone who believes otherwise is naive, SO on that basis, China can expect a lot of physical support..........
It's normal to care!
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2021, 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by Lindyloo ->
If they Australians do as you suggest Bodger, the Chinese will just get to the west faster than ever. Sure as eggs is eggs, once China starts it will keep going......... world domination? partnership with Russia? whatever the case, it most certainly won't stop with swallowing Australia............anyone who believes otherwise is naive, SO on that basis, China can expect a lot of physical support..........
It's normal to care!
China are already the new global superpower. But rather than engage in hot conflict history shows that they use brain rather than fists.
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2021, 09:51 PM

China are already the new global superpower. But rather than engage in hot conflict history shows that they use brain rather than fists.
And I think the west has finally recognised China for the threat she is and will be challenging them at every opportunity, not least any threat to Australia!
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

14-07-2021, 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by Lindyloo ->
And I think the west has finally recognised China for the threat she is and will be challenging them at every opportunity, not least any threat to Australia!
I sincerely doubt it. China has such financial reserves in hard currencies that they could shut down the Western banking system overnight. Moreover we NEED China industrial output and the other far east manufacturing resources that China can and does control.

As I wrote the conflict, if any Western nation - ANY western nation tries it on - will not involve things that go bang, it will involve the Western banking system and that would be a conflict that is already won.

Australia? A mere incidental.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2021, 08:56 AM

I particularly admire the way they are processing the Uyghurs. I would not have the patience.
WTF ?

If you think forced organ harvesting of Uyghur muslims by the CCP, the murder of them and their children, forced labour and re-education is admirable then your a ****ing nutter.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2021, 09:54 AM

Having been to China I found the chinese people very kind and polite. It is the politicians, like most countries, that are the trouble makers. They are so full of being up their own backsides they can't see what they are actually doing.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

15-07-2021, 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
WTF ?

If you think forced organ harvesting of Uyghur muslims by the CCP, the murder of them and their children, forced labour and re-education is admirable then your a ****ing nutter.
The Chinese government are responding to increasing terrorism from the Uyghur mohammadans.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top