Join for free
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2021, 04:35 PM

Re: Here's a thing

I reckon he will turn out all right in the end
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2021, 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->

.. .. .. My question to you is..
Given that Kelsey is about 5ft 9 with shoulders broad enough to fill a doorway, did the boy do the right thing in not defending himself and shoving or hitting her back?
In these days of apparent equality, would he have been within his rights to do so do you think?
I always try and instil the following into anyone considering retaliation:-
An eye for an eye will leave both sides blind. It is far better to walk away than to engage in the first instance, only if the initial assailant follows and persists, then and only then, knock 7 bells outta the b'stard!
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2021, 05:32 PM

A bloke should never hit a woman no matter how provoked.
Last Tango
North Ayrshire, Scotland
Last Tango is female  Last Tango has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2021, 05:38 PM

Given the boy's background as described by you, I have to admire his restraint and trust it was for the 'right' reasons and not because, as suggested, he was in shock. I sincerely hope this is the case and commend you in acknowledging his response, or lack thereof.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2021, 05:41 PM

Lets take it back a step why wasn't break time supervised by a school helper /teacher who could have prevented the flag being waved. Surely whoever was supposed to be watching should be reported as well. Also were the girls parents called in to explain why the girl had the flag in school anyway.

Seems to me a fair bit of sloppyness exists and the school governors need to deal with it

Maybe a teacher /parents meeting should bring up this during the meeting
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2021, 11:10 AM

I'd have given my son a clip round the ear for taking the flag, but I would have been proud of his reaction...Or lack of it..
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2021, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Lets take it back a step why wasn't break time supervised by a school helper /teacher who could have prevented the flag being waved. Surely whoever was supposed to be watching should be reported as well. Also were the girls parents called in to explain why the girl had the flag in school anyway.

Seems to me a fair bit of sloppyness exists and the school governors need to deal with it

Maybe a teacher /parents meeting should bring up this during the meeting
Kids are kids realspeed, and something like this is better settled in the playground otherwise matters will be settled outside after school.....It's all part of growing up, and there are times when a teacher, supervisor or other person of authority would not be present. If our PE teacher caught anyone fighting in the yard (Boys on Boys) he would whisk them down the gym and give them each a pair of boxing gloves and let them sort out the dispute to its conclusion. He would ref of course....
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2021, 11:39 AM

Had it been me that she hit she would have been spitting teeth.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2021, 12:21 PM

I agree with RS that the flag should have been confiscated prior to it being waved in a playground. Personal politics should be kept out of school.

Kelsey is at fault for taking the heat up to physical violence. When the boys used to steal our skipping rope I don't think the head would have been understanding if we had given them a black eye. Kelsey should apologise to the boy. (a learning experience about controlling aggression). Whereas the boy should have to write an essay on respecting personal property.

The school should up the policy against bringing in personal items to school particularly a flag which could be a health and safety hazard if someone trips after it starts flapping in their face.

I was informed yesterday that there are 52 different gender identities. It must be really complicated for young minds.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2021, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I was informed yesterday that there are 52 different gender identities. It must be really complicated for young minds.
Probably 54 if you include the two jokers in the pack

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top