Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2018, 12:13 PM

Re: Kicking Off.

Things kicked off where I live too yesterday... two dogs growled at each other and a duck quacked really loudly!

Just thought I would remind you of village life Swims... really I would hate to feel under threat in an area like you have chosen.... each to his own I suppose.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2018, 12:28 PM

I agree with the other ladies Swim. It wouldn't be for me, either.
Maybe it's different for a man, but I like to feel safe in my home.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2018, 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Loads of problems today with the locals.

I was not involved, nothing to do with me at all. longstanding issues.

It did spill over into my front Garden, car was scratched.

Police keeping well out of it.

The boys have arrived about 20 minutes ago.

Five of them, all Polish, all Ex Military.

Things have gone suddenly quiet, it is hilarious what a few hefty thugs can achieve.

They are all lovely lads,, married, littlies, but really look the part.

There is an acute shortage of hoodies at the moment.

I love it.

They must all be in hiding!...
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2018, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Loads of problems today with the locals.

Police keeping well out of it.

The boys have arrived about 20 minutes ago.

Five of them, all Polish, all Ex Military.
It occurs to me that, as our wonderful police have pretty much given up (unless it's 'racism' or 'offensive language') perhaps it might be a good idea to import some Polish ex-military blokes for our protection before it's too late and we've left the EU!
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2018, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
It occurs to me that, as our wonderful police have pretty much given up (unless it's 'racism' or 'offensive language') perhaps it might be a good idea to import some Polish ex-military blokes for our protection before it's too late and we've left the EU!
Racism is evil and racists are the lowest life forms.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2018, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
Racism is evil and racists are the lowest life forms.
But only if it's white people doing it, eh?
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2018, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
But only if it's white people doing it, eh?
Which it usually is!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2018, 02:37 PM

Hi

The area I live in was a genuine No Go area 11 years ago when I left Shrewsbury for the visage.

Gangs of roaming youths, cars being set on fire and just a general dump.

There where some lovely people, but the gangs took over.

Five years ago the area was revamped, the parade of shops, covered with graffiti was demolished, tenants in the flats moved and in addition to a big clampdown, new facilities were built along with new private housing.

The empty boarded up houses, empty because people refused to live in such a dump, were renovated and sold to homeowners.

The two schools were upgraded, a new surgery and medical centre built and a new sports village.

The area has been transformed, the schools are well thought of and the area is on the up and up.

The new build private housing has been snapped up.

As with all these things, nothing is perfect and there are still some scroats around.

They are getting fewer and fewer and are no longer ruling the roost, but can still cause trouble from time to time.

It is the same in all urban areas, sadly.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2020, 10:23 PM

It is so quiet were I live you can hear a squirrel fart 50 yards away.

No way could I live in a disruptive area , I would constantly be worried about property damage- theft or even muggings. That in turn could affect ones health as well more rthan one realises
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2020, 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
It is so quiet were I live you can hear a squirrel fart 50 yards away.

No way could I live in a disruptive area , I would constantly be worried about property damage- theft or even muggings. That in turn could affect ones health as well more rthan one realises

Did you realise this thread is just over 2 yrs old RS?

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top