Join for free
Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 11 > Last »
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2019, 04:06 PM

Ignored

Does it bother you?

Being ignored on a forum?
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2019, 04:10 PM

Re: Ignored

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Does it bother you?

Sometimes it might seem like that, particularly when posts are running fast and furious. Then it's easy to miss things people post. I don't think folks do it on purpose. Anyway, I can always go off and play somewhere else if I am feeling precious about myself. My dogs will always talk to me any time and walking them! - the exercise will do me good.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2019, 04:22 PM

Does it bother you?

Nah - don't give a stuff!!!
BritGuyUSA
United States
BritGuyUSA is male 

13-04-2019, 04:34 PM

Does it bother you?

l'll tell you when l've stopped ignoring you..................
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2019, 04:41 PM

I don't mind one bit,if I am ignored either,..if I have something to say,I must say it,..I don't expect an answer back.
BritGuyUSA
United States
BritGuyUSA is male 

13-04-2019, 04:43 PM

I don't mind one bit,if I am ignored either,..if I have something to say,I must say it,..I don't expect an answer back.
.................................................. ......................

PS, l think l have "worn down" those who thought they had worn me down (I took a break while making my bacon butties) & maybe they PM'd each other & collectively put me on their ignore list??
Does that mean they didn't "win" as one saddo put it?
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2019, 04:43 PM

Does it bother you?

Not at all pauline. Many times over the years on OFF, I have started what I thought at the time was an interesting topic, only to have ZILCH replies! It hurt a little when I was a newbie, but I laugh now when I think about it. I used to sit here and repeatedly keep looking to see if I had at least ONE reply, just so I wouldn't see it as a whitewash! and I always vowed at the time that I would never open a thread again!

Now, I just don't worry about it. There are so many diffent and interesting threads on here, and eventually, someone will respond to you. Like now!
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2019, 04:44 PM

Does it bother you?

No. But being misquoted does.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2019, 04:47 PM

How do you even know if you are being ignored?

I mean, the fact that a comment you made is not replied to, doesn't mean you are being deliberately ignored . . . does it?

I don't answer every single post on this forum, surely no one does, it is not possible, even if you sat here all day and night.
So lots of people could say I am ignoring them, but it is certainly not deliberate.

For example, loads of threads I don't even bother to go into - like the 'B' threads for example, but it is because I am not interested in all the stooopid arguments there. If the same person posted elsewhere, he/she would probably get a response from me.

I would think if someone was truly, deliberately ignoring you, you would probably know why, then it is up to you what you want to do about it. Either speak to them direct if you care enough, or else let 'em get on with it.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

13-04-2019, 04:50 PM

[QUOTE=BritGuyUSA;1684297].................................................. ......................

PS, l think l have "worn down" those who thought they had worn me down (I took a break while making my bacon butties) & maybe they PM'd each other & collectively put me on their ignore list??
Does that mean they didn't "win" as one saddo put it?[/QUOTE

I wouldn't know,but I would never ignore you,..

Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top